Can I access my 2022 budget?

I worked all day Thursday on my 2022 budget and saved it as "2022". Today I went to update it and quicken has overwritten my 2022 with the one it generated with no naming alterations. How do I get mine back
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It is flexible but it can be confusing.

Quicken lets you set up and name multiple budgets, using the leftmost dropdown menu on the Budgets page. Each of these budgets can run for multiple years. When you choose the Annual view in the second dropdown, you can pick the budget year you want to use. These budget years are independent of other years, so if you change something it does not affect earlier or later years.

The named budgets might best be thought of as multi year budget scenarios. Naming them by year is probably not a good idea.

Anyway, it sounds like in 2021 you created a budget called "2022" but perhaps it was for the year 2021. Now that it is 2022 and you want to use the budget you created, you probably want to select "2022" in the the leftmost dropdown, select the Annual view, and set the year to 2022. It may ask if you want to create a 2022 budget and you need to pick the option that uses the same settings as the year before.

Hopefully you will see and use the budget you created.  
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It is flexible but it can be confusing.

Quicken lets you set up and name multiple budgets, using the leftmost dropdown menu on the Budgets page. Each of these budgets can run for multiple years. When you choose the Annual view in the second dropdown, you can pick the budget year you want to use. These budget years are independent of other years, so if you change something it does not affect earlier or later years.

The named budgets might best be thought of as multi year budget scenarios. Naming them by year is probably not a good idea.

Anyway, it sounds like in 2021 you created a budget called "2022" but perhaps it was for the year 2021. Now that it is 2022 and you want to use the budget you created, you probably want to select "2022" in the the leftmost dropdown, select the Annual view, and set the year to 2022. It may ask if you want to create a 2022 budget and you need to pick the option that uses the same settings as the year before.

Hopefully you will see and use the budget you created.  
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.