new budget for jan 2022

Hi How do i copy my dec budget to jan 2022 or do i have to create a new one?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Open the budget and scroll to the new year (click on the right arrow).
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @friz2021

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question! I am sorry for any confusion or hassle that this issue may be causing you. @Sherlock is absolutely correct - If you are in the 1-Month view, simply press the Right Arrow next to Dec 2021. You will be asked where you would like to get your targets from - select Current budget and this year's targets will be copied over to the new year. 

If you are in the 12-month view, find Budget as of [Date] and press the Up Arrow and you will be brought to the Edit Budget window. From here, find Budget Year and press the Up Arrow again and you will be given the same prompt:

Select Current budget and it will copy everything over to 2022. I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or require any further support, please reach out so we may assist you further. Thank you!

-Quicken September

• nc00ks0n
    nc00ks0n Member ✭✭
    How, where does one find the budget as of date?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    nc00ks0n said:
    How, where does one find the budget as of date?
    Looks to me as if the images above apply to the Quicken Mac version.
    If you're a Quicken Windows user ...
    Quicken Windows should have asked you about creating a budget for 2022 when you opened it for the first time in 2022. If it didn't, is your computer date correctly set to January 2, 2022, or did you ignore the prompt?
    You can switch budget years simply by opening the budget to the Annual view (instead of the Graph view, requires Deluxe or higher feature level) and clicking the "<" or ">" arrow button next to the year in the view's title area

This discussion has been closed.