CC-501 Trying to update accounts with Schwab

2»

Answers

• wrozenwaser
    wrozenwaser Member
    edited January 2022
    Schwab updates are working with ver 36.57, BUT !!, accounts never got in synch and are off balance. I have 6 different schwab accounts and half with transactions are screwed up. For the 2-3 weeks it took Quicken to fix the issue, they could not go back and synch up missing transactions. the deactivate/activate instructions do nothing to fix missing transactions. [Removed-Disruptive] 
  • av8r6
    av8r6 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    > @wrozenwaser said:
    [Removed-Disruptive]

Totally agree!!!!!! Been a Quicken customer for over 20 years, very disappointed....
  • Gar Taylor
    Gar Taylor Member ✭✭
    I just changed my passwords to my Schwab accounts. Now my Schwab accounts do not download transactions. I tried to Reauthorize and I get the following messages when I click Log In
    The Page Failed to Load
    The host name could not be resolved.
  • Gar Taylor
    Gar Taylor Member ✭✭
    I just spent an hour and a half with Quicken support. I had an excellent agent. He figured out that Bitdefender was blocking Quicken's access to Schwab. Now I need to learn more about Bitdefender to make this change permanent without disabling my protection.
  • MichaelCortese
    MichaelCortese Member ✭✭✭
    > @chuck0one said:
    > After waiting for over an hour on Quicken support line, finally was connected to technician who walked me through the process which worked! I was stuck in the CC-501 loop. Unfortunately, I do not recall the man's name but he was very patient and helpful. Anyway, the procedure he walked me through is as follows.
    > 1. Back up you file just in case.
    > 2. Go to you account list- Tools/Account List-and edit each and every Schwab account removing the zzz Charles Schwab & Co Inc. information and the account number. Do this for each Schwab account. Also, check the hidden file box and do the same for any Schwab accounts which appear there if any. This information will repopulate with the correct information once they are reauthorized.
    > 3. Validate the file. File/Validate Repair. This takes a while, be patient. At the end will produce a text log file. Ignore this.
    > 4. Sign out of your Quicken profile. Edit/Preferences/Quicken Id & Cloud Accounts/Sign in as a different user. Sign out. Then sign in again with your Quicken credentials.
    > 5. Quicken will then load up your validated data file.
    > 6. Close Quicken.
    > 7. Start Quicken again.
    > 8. Now for the good part. Go to Tools/Add Account. Will display the usual choices which you have attempted to do for the last week or so. Choose Schwab. Track your investment screen, choose what you like. Contacts Schwab. Charles Schwab & Co. requires you to authorize your accounts. Review the following information before you sign in. This is where in the past once you click sign in one would get the CC-501 error screen. Now it takes you to the Schwab log in screen. Log in with your Schwab credentials. If you have the two party authorization have the app up so you can enter the number.
    > 9. A list of accounts will appear. Choose the ones you wish to authorize for Quicken. One completed the screen will return to Quicken.
    > 10. One can then choose to create a new account for each entry or choose to use an existing account.
    > I chose use existing account and matched the ones I already have.
    > 11. Now for the bad news, this works but when re authorizing the accounts, the history for the last two years or so is downloaded which results in several hundred transactions which will be a mixture of matches, near matches, and new. The matches you can accept with no issue, the near matches were just date mismatches. The new ones you have to delete one at time. I had several hundred. Took several hours.
    >
    > All in all it worked. I would have to give an A to the tech who helped me. [Removed - Rant]

Support he me do the same and it didn't work for me. I submitted my logs. No answers after weeks.
This discussion has been closed.