Why is a "():"showing after the Total in the Total field on my invoices

I have three different invoices I use in Home and Business. Two of them display in the Total field at the bottom of the invoice as follow. Total(): . The third one does not have the (): after the word Total. Why is this happening and how do I get rid of it?
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe, Quicken is trying to display the account's currency symbol, e.g., "Total($)"
    This is something that has been requested over many years, but it may not be working right under all conditions and in all Quicken versions. Home Currency setting, setting of currency symbol in the Currency List, setting of Invoices account currency when it was created (long ago or recently) may all play a factor in this if you're using the US version. The Canadian version may be different ... I don't know.
    Looks to me like the programmers should be taking another look at their code.
  • tomb0
    tomb0 Member ✭✭
    That would make sense if all my invoice layouts did this but they do not. One of the layouts does not have anything after the word Total.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    tomb0 said:
    That would make sense if all my invoice layouts did this but they do not. One of the layouts does not have anything after the word Total.
    The invoice layout, as shown in the Forms Designer, is overridden at a later point in time and extra program code adds the currency sign and the "Balance Due" line. None of this is configurable in the Forms Designer.

• tomb0
    tomb0 Member ✭✭
    I now see what you mean. You say it is not configurable in the Forms Designer. Is it configurable any where else so that the parenthesis is not left blank? I also don't understand why it does not show up in all my invoice layouts. And I agree it does seem to be a lame fix. Your recommendation makes more sense.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where your invoice shows "():" the code cannot correctly determine the invoice account's currency symbol. I don't know of any way to change this, except perhaps trying to create a new invoice account and beginning to use it instead of the old one.
    All the two of us and anybody else who might be interested can do is hope for some Quicken programmer to finally get around to fixing this code.

This discussion has been closed.