How do I include a screenshot when reporting a bug in quicken?

Moorhatch
Moorhatch Member ✭✭
I've created a screenshot via snip and sketch but have no Idea how to include it (upload it?) as a screenshot in the "Report a Problem To Quicken: bug reporting screen. Help!

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Moorhatch, unfortunately you can't upload a screenshot in the bug report. If you are currently on the page you're trying to screenshot when you go to Help > Report a Problem it will allow you to include a screenshot of that page by keeping the box checked. Do keep in mind though, that this report is only used for investigative purposes, and Quicken support doesn't reach out after receiving one as the notice says. I hope this helps, and thank you for participating in our community!
    - Quicken Jade
    You can't upload a screenshot snip file?  Is this functionality broken? 
    I see where there is the option to Attach additional files, select Image Files from the drop-down to the right of the File Name field, select a picture file from the location where it was saved then click on Open.  The snip file is then added to the bottom of the list of files to be uploaded.  So, this process will not upload picture file(s)?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Please disregard. With the help of quicken tech support, I see that the screen shot is already included when "include screenshot" box is checked. I just wish there were some way to edit the information they're able to see.

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Moorhatch, unfortunately you can't upload a screenshot in the bug report. If you are currently on the page you're trying to screenshot when you go to Help > Report a Problem it will allow you to include a screenshot of that page by keeping the box checked. Do keep in mind though, that this report is only used for investigative purposes, and Quicken support doesn't reach out after receiving one as the notice says. I hope this helps, and thank you for participating in our community!
    - Quicken Jade
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    - Quicken Jade
    You can't upload a screenshot snip file?  Is this functionality broken? 
    I see where there is the option to Attach additional files, select Image Files from the drop-down to the right of the File Name field, select a picture file from the location where it was saved then click on Open.  The snip file is then added to the bottom of the list of files to be uploaded.  So, this process will not upload picture file(s)?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Please disregard. With the help of quicken tech support, I see that the screen shot is already included when "include screenshot" box is checked. I just wish there were some way to edit the information they're able to see.
  • Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all for the information. Each time I learn a little more.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Moorhatch

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We are glad you were able to find a solution. Although, when you state that you want to edit the information we are able to see, could you please elaborate further? 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    The screen shot shows all of my bank account data to date. I would have preferred to send only the "Accept cleared transactions" portion of the screen.
This discussion has been closed.