Another day, another update

If Quicken startup isn't sluggish enough, VERY frequent updates are more than annoying.

Please for the love of Mike, Quicken, please consider an option to install updates ON EXIT.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify).

• Dawn T
    Dawn T Member ✭✭
    1/4/22 another update, another opening delay.
  • Dawn T
    Dawn T Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify).

Thanks, but I don't want to get prompted every single time something wants to make a change. Quicken should step up and listen. Shouldn't be a big deal to offer to defer updates until we finish our work.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Dawn T said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify).

Thanks, but I don't want to get prompted every single time something wants to make a change. Quicken should step up and listen. Shouldn't be a big deal to offer to defer updates until we finish our work.
    I suggest you post a request for the functionality as an idea.  If a sufficient number of users vote for your proposal, Quicken may implement the option someday.