Account Overview Screen: [Holdings].Market Value does not match [Account Status].Total Market Value

Options
DJW
DJW Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have an Online Brokerage Account (Vanguard Roth IRA)
The account was established in July of 2021. It contains one Security Holding and one Money Market Settlement fund Holding

In the Account Overview Screen:
The [Holdings].Market Value has matched the [Account Status].Total Market Value until this morning when two new transactions were downloaded.

Todays (January 3rd activity) Download on January 4th:
Transaction One: A Purchase of Security from existing Settlement funds.
Transaction Two: A Conversion into the Settlement fund.

Now:
The [Holdings].Market Value matches the actual Vanguard account.
The Account Cash Balance is $0.00

But the [Account Status].Total Market Value is $21,000.00 greater than the correct [Holdings].Market Value.

No transaction in this account has ever been for $21,000.00

This account was reconciled December 31st before these transactions
- There are no placeholder entries.
- I reset the Online Services.

I cannot figure out How the [Account Status].Total Market Value can be different than the [Holdings].Market Value.

Any Suggestions?

Up to date version of QWin

Using Quicken since the 1980's

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you exit Quicken and reopen Quicken.

If the issue persists, I suggest coercing Quicken to recalculate the transactions: open the investment register and press Ctrl + Shift + Z

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DJW

Can you please explain which screen you are viewing, when you refer to "[Account Status]" ??  I am trying to determine what you are looking at.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you exit Quicken and reopen Quicken.

If the issue persists, I suggest coercing Quicken to recalculate the transactions: open the investment register and press Ctrl + Shift + Z
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DJW

I figured out which screen you are on.  Can you tell me the date that appears at the very top of that screen in the right hand corner?  If it is not today's date - change it to today.  Then compare both numbers.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• DJW
    DJW Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It is todays date.
  • DJW
    DJW Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Closing and reopening had no effect.

The Recalculate [Ctrl Z] worked!
    Thank You!