How do I start from scratch without losing past data?

Options
lvmckeon
lvmckeon Member ✭✭
I have enrolled in Quicken for years, but haven't modified/manipulated the data so it doesn't do what I need it to do. I would like to zero out the data as of 1-1-2021 and manually enter 2021 data myself (from bank statements etc) with the categories I want. And then once the organization is there, upload 1-12022 automatically and just manipulate exceptions. BUT I don't want to lose 2020 and past years, I just don't want it to calculate my balance. Have I made my intent clear? and is there a way to do this? Thank you in advance for your expert advice.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    One easy option is to leave your existing file and create a new file for entering 2021 and beyond. You can have multiple Quicken files, but only one can be open at a time. When you want to look up something from 2020 or earlier, open the old file; then switch back to your active current file. Would that work for you?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    One easy option is to leave your existing file and create a new file for entering 2021 and beyond. You can have multiple Quicken files, but only one can be open at a time. When you want to look up something from 2020 or earlier, open the old file; then switch back to your active current file. Would that work for you?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lvmckeon
    lvmckeon Member ✭✭
    Options
    i will give this a try ... thank you for the timely response and a possible solution
This discussion has been closed.