New PC Install Old Version (Quicken 2015) [Edited]

qknese
qknese Member
Hi, I have a new pc and need to reinstall quicken but my version was Starter Edition 2015. Is there a way to get starter edition 2015 and import my files?

Thanks

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken doesn't support old versions of Quicken. You might find a copy on eBay but make sure it's a reputable seller.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was your Starter Edition still working?  I think it should have gone into Read only mode.  Could you have upgraded to a higher version?  You might want to try to find Deluxe.  

If you do install an older version you will need to update it.  One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    volvogirl said:
    Was your Starter Edition still working?  I think it should have gone into Read only mode.  Could you have upgraded to a higher version?  You might want to try to find Deluxe.  
    Prior to Quicken Subscription the Starter versions never went into read-only mode (there was no subscription to expire, which is the trigger for Quicken Subscription Starter edition to go into read-only mode, note Deluxe and above don't go into read-only mode).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • qknese
    qknese Member
    Yes it still works on my old PC. About two years ago I transferred it to another PC but I don't remember what I did to get it working.
This discussion has been closed.