Downloaded transactions that match

Options
kashg
kashg Member ✭✭
Quicken for Windows has been acting weird after the recent update. I have R36.57 build 27.1.36.57.
I downloaded transactions from TDA; after a successful problem free download 10 days ago. This list of downloaded transactions includes a number (over 100) New Transactions going back 3 years. But they are not new and are exact matches of transactions that exist in my register.
Is there an easy way to delete these multiple transactions? I have not yet Accepted them and they re sitting under the Red Flag. I know I can go to each individual transaction in the list and delete them but cannot select multiple transactions.
I have done several downloads but land up with the same problem.
Thanks

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Investment accounts have no way to delete multiple transactions until they are in the register.  Once in the register you can use Edit Transactions on the gear icon menu to delete them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Investment accounts have no way to delete multiple transactions until they are in the register.  Once in the register you can use Edit Transactions on the gear icon menu to delete them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @kashg,

You may want to consider WHY you now have such a large number of old transactions being downloaded, first before you address the issue of how to best delete them.  Have you been having other issues with your datafile recently.  Do you have a good recent backup? Have you noticed any other odd things happening with your file and data?

Looking into these questions may help you to assess your next steps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• kashg
    kashg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Frankx
    I have a lot of transactions but have never noticed this problem before. Not till now, and I have been using Quicken for over a decade. No other problems as of now.

But is there a way to delete multiple transactions before accepting?
  • kashg
    kashg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Chris_QPW
  • kashg
    kashg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I took Chris_QPW's suggestion and painstakingly used the gear icon and deleted duplicate transactions. The next time I connected to TDA for a download all those suckers came back again. [Removed - Off Topic/Rant]
This discussion has been closed.