Anyone else w/ CC-501 (Quicken Server Error) during bank download?

JimC52
JimC52 Member ✭✭
Starting around 19:00 CDT on 1/5/22 the daily download/reconcile routine I follow failed with CC-501. 12 hours later it is still failing in the same manner. This had been working fine for literally years before last night. Is there a status page somewhere that could be checked?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    @JimC52 - CC-501 error codes generally are financial institution specific but they can occur with a multiple institutions.  However, there is no Alert posted for a general CC-501 error code (affecting all financial institutions) and I am not seeing any reports of such.  In addition, I have not received any CC-501 error codes in at least a week...and I run OSU 1-2 times a day in multiple data files.
    Which financial institution is returning this error code?
    What type of account (checking, savings, credit card, etc) is it?
    Two things that can often resolve CC-501 errors are as follows.  Have you tried doing either one of them?:
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    @JimC52 - Thanks for letting me know Update Now worked for you.  You might be right that this might be a timeout issue.  It would certainly explain how updating accounts individually does sometimes work when updating multiple accounts sometimes returns CC-501 error(s).  If this is the cause, it is clearly a Quicken/aggregator issue that needs to be fixed.

Answers

• DGS$$$
    DGS$$$ Member
    I have been receiving the CC501 error message since mid-December with Wells Fargo Advisors. This happens at the end of every year with Quicken. I have deleted the accounts and reinstalled them without success. This is definitely a Quicken problem and they have no solutions at this time
  • Boatnmaniac
    @JimC52 - CC-501 error codes generally are financial institution specific but they can occur with a multiple institutions.  However, there is no Alert posted for a general CC-501 error code (affecting all financial institutions) and I am not seeing any reports of such.  In addition, I have not received any CC-501 error codes in at least a week...and I run OSU 1-2 times a day in multiple data files.
    Which financial institution is returning this error code?
    What type of account (checking, savings, credit card, etc) is it?
    Two things that can often resolve CC-501 errors are as follows.  Have you tried doing either one of them?:
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account

• Boatnmaniac
    edited January 2022
    DGS$$$ said:
    I have been receiving the CC501 error message since mid-December with Wells Fargo Advisors. This happens at the end of every year with Quicken. I have deleted the accounts and reinstalled them without success. This is definitely a Quicken problem and they have no solutions at this time
    Your issue might be very different from @JimC52 's.  Wells Fargo Advisors is a Financial Institution that includes investment accounts.  Investment accounts require use of Direct Connect (DC) but CC-XXX error codes are an indication of using Express Web Connect (EWC).  Trying to connect to an account that requires DC with EWC will almost always return a CC-501 (or other CC-5XX) error code.
    Have you tried setting up with DC, instead?  To do this, during the Add Account set up process, select "Advanced Options", select "Direct Connect" and then "Next".

• JimC52
    JimC52 Member ✭✭
    I took Boatnmaniac's advice and individually "updated" each of the 3 accounts at the First Security Bank of Arkansas site. Each (checking, savings, card) updated properly with no error messages. The error message only appeared when I updated the accounts using the Download Transactions button at the bottom of the account screen, not when I selected the gear at the top right and then the Update option in the drop-down menu. I'm betting this is an issue with timeouts in the supervisor code that gets bypassed when individual accounts are updated.
  • Boatnmaniac
    @JimC52 - Thanks for letting me know Update Now worked for you.  You might be right that this might be a timeout issue.  It would certainly explain how updating accounts individually does sometimes work when updating multiple accounts sometimes returns CC-501 error(s).  If this is the cause, it is clearly a Quicken/aggregator issue that needs to be fixed.

This discussion has been closed.