downloaded securities to wrong account in Quicken for Mac

megnmac
megnmac Member ✭✭✭
Yesterday's download added securities to my checking account. I have four accounts in TDAmeritrade, three investment and one checking, but I don't know if the securities were also added to any of the other accounts, as they are dated years ago. Quicken for Mac was correct as of the end on the year. How do I correct it?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    megnmac said:
    Yesterday's download added securities to my checking account. I have four accounts in TDAmeritrade, three investment and one checking, but I don't know if the securities were also added to any of the other accounts, as they are dated years ago. Quicken for Mac was correct as of the end on the year. How do I correct it?
    Hello @megnmac,

I know that the process of updating these investment accounts can be frustrating. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for support. As far as your investment accounts are concerned, it sounds like you might be anticipating that transactions from prior to the last ninety days will be downloaded into the securities. Unfortunately, Quicken only downloads the recent transactions upon linking or adding accounts to online banking services, so you would notice transactions from within the last 90 days in the register or Transactions tab.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • megnmac
    megnmac Member ✭✭✭
    This was a regular update that has worked correctly until Jan 1, 2022. Why would security purchases be added to a checking account? I have Quicken on two computers, and the other computer is corrupted too - it has mixed up my checking accounts so now they won't download at all. How do I start from scratch to set up downloads?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    @megnmac I'm confused by even the concept of a security in a checking account. A checking account doesn't have a field for the Security name, symbol, investment action, number of shares, etc.  Can you share a picture of one or more of these transactions. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • megnmac
    megnmac Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding. The account is in a brokerage, so it is set up like an investment account, but has (or should have) no securities. They are listed as add shares, on 9/30/12, when I switched brokerages. If I delete them, they return at the next update. It has always functioned as a checking account, at least until January1, 2022
  • megnmac
    megnmac Member ✭✭✭
    P.S. they are all greyed in. They should have been transferred to the investment account by October 1, 2012. I'm checking to see if they are also in that account, but since that one agrees with the information from the brokerage, I think they were.
  • megnmac
    megnmac Member ✭✭✭
    P.P.S. What has been added to the checking account are the current holdings in my investment account. so they are being downloaded to both accounts.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @megnmac If the same transactions are downloading to two different accounts, it's most likely a problem with how TD Ameritrade is sending their data. Is your connection method Direct Connect or Quicken Connect? If it's Direct Connect, the information is coming directly from TD, and you may need to talk with their IT support about whatever change they made at the start of the year. If it's Quicken Connect, then you might be best finding a time to do a call with Quicken Support, where a representative can see your screen and, if necessary, collect logs and screenshots to escalate the issue if they can't find a way to fix it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • megnmac
    megnmac Member ✭✭✭
    The accounts download correctly on my other computer, so I don't think the problem is with TDA. The problem on that computer is that the credit card accounts are corrupted. Quicken thinks the AARP account is with Chase, when it is with Barclays so no passwords work.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    megnmac said:
    The accounts download correctly on my other computer, so I don't think the problem is with TDA. The problem on that computer is that the credit card accounts are corrupted. Quicken thinks the AARP account is with Chase, when it is with Barclays so no passwords work.
    @megnmac,

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this frustrating issue. We appreciate that you are continuing to follow up with us, in any case.

By chance, are you opening your data file from your MacIntosh HD, or from another source, like an external drive or cloud-based storage service?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • megnmac
    megnmac Member ✭✭✭
    Opening on the hard drive. If I could get rid of the greyed add share transactions, I think it would be OK, but I can't figure out how to do that.

Is online troubleshooting with Quicken not available for Quicken for Mac? If I try to go there, as soon as I click Mac it stops responding.

Thanks, megnmac
This discussion has been closed.