Manage Payment Accounts

So...I have had this problem before which I was only able to solve by opening a new quicken ID (and paying the money for it - I don't want to go down that route again!)

Anyway, I was forced to restore a backup of my Quicken Premier file. I previously had a series of accounts set up with quick pay and check pay. I had to restore my connections with all the assorted banks - and this disrupted /disconnected my account links with quick pay/check pay. I got everything working, including sending verification requests for deposits for check pay to two of my TD Bank accounts. Subsequently, I discovered that the overdraft corporate account was mistakenly labeled as a liability and wasn't linking up to the bank as before. I disconnected the account, re-added it. Now I discovered that this payment account was no longer listed as activated for quick pay or check pay verification. Despite entering the information correctly, I now keep getting a " Error ....Quicken cloud services error. (server error)"

HELP ANY IDEAS?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    So...I have had this problem before which I was only able to solve by opening a new quicken ID (and paying the money for it - I don't want to go down that route again!)

Anyway, I was forced to restore a backup of my Quicken Premier file. I previously had a series of accounts set up with quick pay and check pay. I had to restore my connections with all the assorted banks - and this disrupted /disconnected my account links with quick pay/check pay. I got everything working, including sending verification requests for deposits for check pay to two of my TD Bank accounts. Subsequently, I discovered that the overdraft corporate account was mistakenly labeled as a liability and wasn't linking up to the bank as before. I disconnected the account, re-added it. Now I discovered that this payment account was no longer listed as activated for quick pay or check pay verification. Despite entering the information correctly, I now keep getting a " Error ....Quicken cloud services error. (server error)"

HELP ANY IDEAS?
    Hello @Jordbarnet,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this server error and I appreciate that you chose to speak with the Quicken Community about this.

Are you receiving this error message only when you try to make a payment? Is there any way you could try to connect the account and reproduce the error message, then provide us with screenshots?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • Jordbarnet
    Jordbarnet Member ✭✭
    This error occurs with the attempts to reinitialize the payment accounts with both check pay and bill pay. I can't even get so far as to make a payment. I have had numerable conversations for hours with customer service (please reference ticket number Ticket ID":"9070768 as an example). At this juncture, I spent another few hours yesterday on the phone with customer service again - to no avail. The only element that seems to work is "throwing in the towel" and opening up a distinct, unique, quicken ID (for added money). Yes - I broke down and did it again. I decided the time value of money versus the time I spent isn't worth it. I'm now up to three quicken IDS!

If you could research this error and come up with a solution, I'd greatly appreciate it!
  • Quicken Jared
    This error occurs with the attempts to reinitialize the payment accounts with both check pay and bill pay. I can't even get so far as to make a payment. I have had numerable conversations for hours with customer service (please reference ticket number Ticket ID":"9070768 as an example). At this juncture, I spent another few hours yesterday on the phone with customer service again - to no avail. The only element that seems to work is "throwing in the towel" and opening up a distinct, unique, quicken ID (for added money). Yes - I broke down and did it again. I decided the time value of money versus the time I spent isn't worth it. I'm now up to three quicken IDS!

If you could research this error and come up with a solution, I'd greatly appreciate it!
    @Jordbarnet

I am sorry to hear that the error was persisting and that you had to resort to creating another QuickenID. if you notice the issue again, feel free to check in with us again, as I would be eager to follow up with you about this. We will definitely look into this matter.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jordbarnet
    Jordbarnet Member ✭✭
    Much thanks - is there any way of deleting the old accounts? Can you private email/text me (is there an option for it?). Have multiple accounts associated with the same phone number will probably become problematic as well
  • Quicken Jared
    Much thanks - is there any way of deleting the old accounts? Can you private email/text me (is there an option for it?). Have multiple accounts associated with the same phone number will probably become problematic as well
    Hello @Jordbarnet,

In order to delete accounts, you would either right-click or hold down control and click on the account name in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window and then select Delete "(Account Name Here)". Regarding private email correspondences or text messages, I can not communicate by these means for security purposes; however, I could communicate via Direct Message if necessary.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jordbarnet
    Jordbarnet Member ✭✭
    I think you misunderstood - I'm discussing deleting Quicken ID accounts
  • Jordbarnet
    Jordbarnet Member ✭✭
    also - where do I go to direct message you?
  • Quicken Jared
    also - where do I go to direct message you?
    @Jordbarnet,

I should have been more specific; I was referring to the Quicken Community Direct message system. You can check your inbox by going to the icon pictured in the image below, which you will find in the upper right-hand corner of the Quicken Community page.

Regarding your earlier message: I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused. We generally just leave the old Quicken ID as it is and take special care to log in with the new Quicken ID from this point going forward. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jordbarnet
    Jordbarnet Member ✭✭
    Thank you!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Unless you were able to use the same email address for each QuickenID, note that leaving an old QuickenID in addition to your current one will result in getting emails from Quicken to renew your membership/upgrade. I have an old QuicknID I used to use for testing and it's a mild annoyance to get emails from Quicken because of that old-but-still-in-existence ID.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jordbarnet
    Jordbarnet Member ✭✭
    So - there is no way of having a quicken ID expire? The data delete?
  • jacobs
    So - there is no way of having a quicken ID expire? The data delete?
    I thought, but don't know for certain, that Quicken Support was able to do that. I'm not sure why @Quicken Jared suggested leaving it active.
  • Jordbarnet
    Jordbarnet Member ✭✭
    Any idea who to contact to arrange this? There is no point in the other old accounts to remain - and I'm sure that freeing up data on the servers would be appreciated!
  • jacobs
    I would contact Quicken Support; either phone or chat support representatives should be able to take care of it for you, assuming it can actually be done. 
This discussion has been closed.