Anyone else notice that "Schedule Select Transaction" No longer Works

Options
SRC1954
SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
I right click on the transaction in Quicken Mac 6.5.1, choose Schedule Select Transaction, and nothing happens. I was able to do it through Bills and Income, but took several tries to get it right.

Steve
MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
Quicken Simplifi since 2021

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    There's definitely something wrong. But I'm seeing something different than you are. I don't see nothing happen. Instead, if the transaction I attempt to schedule is more than a month old, it doesn't open the transaction scheduler window. It just immediately creates a new monthly scheduled transaction on the same day of the following month. This creates a stream of overdue transactions all the way back to whatever month the original transaction was in.

I can't believe this is by design. Doesn't seem right.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Yes, there was a bug introduced in version 6.5.0, as originally discussed in this thread last week. At least two of us in that thread filed Problem reports; of course, since there's no acknowledgement, there's no way to know whether this has been entered asa bug. I would hope this is on the short list to fix pretty quickly, because users have to schedule a transaction by letting it create an incorrect monthly recurrence and then double-click the first instance to be able to edit the schedule to the parameters one wants.

I'd encourage more people to file "Report a Problem" reports about this. Hopefully if the moderators can check to see if this is registered as a known bug now, they can list the bug number and let us know there's no need to continue reporting it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Sorry I didn't see it mentioned. @jacobs it didn't seem to create anything from the context menu, but when I went to Bills and Income to create it, it took editing it several times to get the yearly instead of monthly right and to get the date right too. However, just now I checked and this time I went to Bills, and you are correct, I have lots of duplicates that I am now deleting. So it does create it. But if you don't want it monthly, you have to go to Bills to edit them.

I did report it from within Quicken, but I think everyone should report it.

Also, the Server error, which started in 6.5.1 for me is still there. I know it is fixed for most.

Steve

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    SRC1954 said:
    Also, the Server error, which started in 6.5.1 for me is still there. I know it is fixed for most.
    I don't even know that this refers to, as there are lots of connectivity and download issues and Quicken Cloud syncing issues which are all "server issues". You might want to start a new post about whatever issue this is to get some fresh visibility and responses about it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It's the General Sync error that was introduced, I think, in 6.4 but didn't show up for me until 6.5. It seems to actually sync although my bank, First US Bank, is funky, sometimes works, sometimes not. You know the main thing I like about sync is to keep tabs on any fraud that is out there. I am one of those who manually puts in all his transactions. Thanks @jacobs .

Steve

This discussion has been closed.