Going back to a previous date

aztecjim
aztecjim Member ✭✭
This morning I created some 2021 year end reports like medical spending. Also found out had quite a bit of "uncategorized" transactions. When I corrected all these I somehow ended up $10.21 short in my checking account. Yesterday I was dead even. How can I go back to yesterdays' totals and start over? I don't remember all the changes I made. If it matters I left Quicken open overnight and did not back it up and the end of yesterday.

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you saved a backup before making the changes, you can restore that. Otherwise, there is no way to undo transactions.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • aztecjim
    aztecjim Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. The only issue is my last backup was 1/1 and I have done a lot this week. Doing a lot of putting things back in.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you saved a backup before making the changes, you can restore that. Otherwise, there is no way to undo transactions.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way to go back is by restoring a backup.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• aztecjim
    aztecjim Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. The only issue is my last backup was 1/1 and I have done a lot this week. Doing a lot of putting things back in.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let this be a tough lesson that you need to backup more often.  When I'm doing a lot of catch-up or cleanup involving a lot of work, I might make several backups throughout process with different names in case I need to backtrack.  When I'm done and happy, I delete the extra backups.   

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.