AT&T Quickpay

My ATT payee in Quicken had an exclamation mark (!) and asked me to re-link it for Quickly purposes. I put in my login and password and said successful logged in but then hung up trying to get the e-bill. Eventually said timed out. All other e-billers are fine.

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hello @GlWalt

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. For this particular instance could you please delete and re-add the e-biller? It seems that there was an error while verifying the information. If you need instructions or come up with an error code please let us know. 

EDIT

There are other users having this issue as well and have found a workaround for the time being. Please sign out of Quicken and sign back in before attempting to reconnect again. To do this select Quicken >Sign out

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Logged out and then back in. Still cannot reconnect to AT&T.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    When I try to reconnect it i eventually get message that it timed out. I cannot entirely delete AT&T as payee as i get message its already being used by other transactions (which I assume is because it is scheduled for payment later this month).
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    No change. Still times out after successfully logging in. Time out while trying to get ebill.
  • Hello @GIWalt,

I looked into this again today, and we are now receiving a new message from the biller. The message reads; "The AT&T website is experiencing issues." It alerts an outage and updated our service provider with that information as of 9:37PM last night. 
    I went ahead and reported it through our service provider for you. In the meantime, I would suggest you wait a few days and try again. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Quicken Alyssa
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Issue still ongoing as of Friday AM...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill or credit card payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will not be late on the bill as there are alternative ways to pay it. Nevertheless, AT&T is a pretty common creditor and it used to work fine in Quicken. Just waiting for the fix...
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Still ongoing. Considering the AT&T logo is on the add payee page, one would think this would be work.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Any news here?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for the previous response and pardon the delay in updates. After reviewing the account a few more details are needed. For instance, when attempting to connect are you prompted to answer any security questions or input a verification code? If you are being prompted for a verification code are you able to receive it?  

Please elaborate further so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Please start at the top of this discussion since I started it and all the details are there. To summarize, early this month there was an exclamation mark next to AT&T in my payees. AT&T had been fine for as long as I can recall before this. Clicked on ! and said to relink it. I login with name and password and get (paraphrasing here) the following in order: (1) logging into e-biller, (2) login successful, waiting for e-bill, (3) seems to be taking longer than we like but let's wait, (4) hmmm taking longer but let's give it a minute (5) timed out. Have repeated this cycle almost every day. I have tried adding AT&T as a new biller as opposed to relinking and get the same result.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    In terms of your question about a security code, no it is not asking me for that but as noted above its does say I successfully logged in. It's getting the e-bill that takes a long time and eventually times out.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for your response. I will go ahead and submit a bug report. The error I am seeing is that there is some sort of verification missing. However, since you are not being prompted for a security/verification code, the error is not applicable and inaccurate. Pardon the extensiveness of this issue, your patience is appreciated. Once I have any update or word regarding this issue you will also be notified. If you have not already done so please bookmark this post. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Still can't get AT&T added as e-biller. See string above.
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    GIWalt   I have had the same problem exactly as you described it and kept persisting and then early one morning it worked.  I don't know where the time out occurs because I don't know the protocol for Quicken and AT&T communications..
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    When did it work? Recently?
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, on Friday.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I have tried twice today but AT&T still times out. I will continue to try and maybe it will work one of these days.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Can someone at Quicken please confirm they are on this. Been going on since early November. Scroll up. Same thing continuing. AT&T says I am successfully logged in but times out trying to get e-bill. Happens all the time.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, and we apologize for the delay. I have sent you a message regarding some account information. When you have a moment please check your inbox. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Well, last week it finally linked again but today it says need to relink and back to the same behavior as before (see above) except the latest version of Quick (Mac) says it will continue to try in the background.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    GIWalt said:
    Well, last week it finally linked again but today it says need to relink and back to the same behavior as before (see above) except the latest version of Quick (Mac) says it will continue to try in the background.
    Hello GIWalt,

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing these frustrating issues. Were you able to get in touch with @Quicken_Paloma?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Nothing more that yesterday's post. Quicken_Paloma had advised me this was an on-going known issue a few weeks ago but nothing since.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I just sent a separate message to Quicken_Paloma too.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Got AT&T to connect last week but now its unlinked again.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for the update, although I do apologize you are having this persisting issue. However, I did take a further look into your account and found an error message. I have sent you a message regarding this error message. When you have a moment please check your inbox. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I read and responded to your private message.
This discussion has been closed.