Opening a file?

Options
GerryRoston
GerryRoston Member ✭✭
I need to open my Dad's Quicken file - which is 4+ years old. (My Dad was put into a facility last week and I have his power of attorney.) From Quicken, I selected File->Open Quicken File. I selected the file, Quicken did some sort of backup, asked for the password associated with my father's account - all good. But then, it refused to show me the file and insisted that I first pay money. [Removed-Disruptive] How can I open this file to see its contents without paying Quicken?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @GerryRoston,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community for help with this issue.

Unfortunately, if you do not have a version of Quicken already downloaded that you can open the file into, you will have to purchase one. I'm guessing that your father probably has a Quicken application on his computer that will open the file for you.

Hope this helps!

Quicken Alyssa

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need more information. Are you using his copy of Quicken or yours? What password? The data file password or Quicken ID password.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • GerryRoston
    GerryRoston Member ✭✭
    Options
    My copy of Quicken (fully paid for Deluxe version). When I tried opening his file, it showed his email so I used his password - normally I use my email and password. I use the Quicken ID password as I do not believe that he had established a data file password.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    You need to use your Quicken ID/Password since it looks like his subscription has expired.
  • GerryRoston
    GerryRoston Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried this, but the form that opens with the email address did not allow me to change the email address...
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    There should be a selection to sign in as a different user.
This discussion has been closed.