Investments Account & QK

AlQK
AlQK Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Why did QK block my accounts if I downgrade my suscription? I understand that I can't sync online but blocking my account offline it is an abuse and a hijacking of my accounts. I can't use my own account. This is unacceptable >:) >:)

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What accounts are being blocked? Actual bank accounts? Quicken has no control over those? Or are you talking about something inside Quicken? What version did you previously have, and what do you have now? If you downgraded from Quicken Deluxe to Starter, Starter doesn't support investment accounts, so it would make sense you can't access past investment history. If you had Quicken Deluxe and you let your subscription end, then you should still be able to access your investment history. But I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, so please supply more information so we can point you in the right direction. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • AlQK
    AlQK Member ✭✭
    I am referring to my account inside QK. I did downgraded from Deluxe to Starter. Now I cannot do anything with my account inside QK they've blocked it. Why? It is still my account everything in the past I paid for it. Everytime I try to do anything the announcement telling me to purchase the Deluxe version in order to access my own account!. I really think that's hijacking your own data in order to force you to buy it. I did downgraded because I don't think works well at all, too many errors. How can I access my data?
    Thank you
  • jacobs
    If you don't need to download transactions (e.g. enter manually), I think you might have done better if you kept Deluxe and didn't renew your subscription. You would have lost downloading, but you would have still been able to access all your data, including investments. Because you chose to downgrade to Starter, that turns off access to investments.

I imagine it would be possible for them to create a way for a user who once had Deluxe or Premier and then downgraded to Starter to view existing investment data up until the downgrade without being able to add any thing new. But that's complicated to program; I'm guessing that when you have Starter, it simply turns off access to the investments section of the program.

(If instead of downgrading, you had created a new, separate QuickenID, and purchased Starter with that QuickenID, and made a copy of your data file, then I think you could have continued to use your lapsed version of Deluxe to view your existing investment transactions, while moving forward with your Starter version for non-investment data.)

If you need access to your past investment data, or if you want to be able to enter investment data manually going forward, I think you need to pay the extra $15 and stay with Quicken Deluxe. (Or if you don't need any downloading, switch back to Quicken Deluxe and then cancel the subscription.)
  • AlQK
    AlQK Member ✭✭
    Thank you but I still think there are hijacking my account
  • jacobs
    @AIQK I hear you, and I can't speak for Quicken. But it's pretty well documented that Starter does not have any investment features; in my opinion (which counts for nothing!), you made the decision to downgrade to a program which doesn't offer a feature you actually want.

As I mentioned above, the simple remedy is to upgrade back to Quicken Deluxe, so you can still access your investment accounts.

If you then want to use the program completely manually, you can cancel the subscription (if this is all within 30 days of purchase), or not renew the subscription next year, and you'll continue to have access to your investment and non-investment accounts without the subscription. (If you subscription is cancelled or lapsed, Quicken will steal about 25% of your screen for a persistent ad to renew your subscription, but if you can live with that, you can function without a paid subscription; if that's too annoying, you'll need to continue to pay for a subscription, or move to a different program which offers the features you want ant a price point you're satisfied with.)
This discussion has been closed.