2022 Tax Planner-2021 Entries showing as Actuals for 2022 Tax Planning

VP9885
VP9885 Member ✭✭
I'm currently running the latest update as far as I know (R37.66 Build 27.1.37.66) on Windows 10. I am able to select 2022 for the year in the tax planner, but for Taxable Interest Income, and Capital Gains, the selection says "Quicken Data (from 2021)", so first, I would think this should say 2022. But second, I've selected No Projected Amount, and even though I've done this, it is adding up my Actual YTD for 2021 as the current information.

I know each year there is typically a reset for the next tax year but this is normally corrected by now. Is anyone else having the same issue? :/
Tagged:

Answers

• dexmom
    dexmom Member ✭✭
    yes, me too! I don't want to use 2021 values in my 2022 tax planner, I want to use 2022 memorized transactions (future bills and income)
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Tax Planner, make sure the tax year is set to 2022. 

I was seeing 2021 actuals also at first and I had to do something to get it to switch to 2022. I think I switched the entry for Dividends to User Entered then clicked on Dividends and it switched to the 2022 data.

Buggy!
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to have at least one recorded transaction or scheduled reminder with a 2022 date before Tax Planner can start to use "Quicken data (for 2022)" for this tax line item. If there are none, Tax Planner will use "Quicken data (for 2021)" to help estimate your tax situation.
  • VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > You need to have at least one recorded transaction or scheduled reminder with a 2022 date before Tax Planner can start to use "Quicken data (for 2022)" for this tax line item. If there are none, Tax Planner will use "Quicken data (for 2021)" to help estimate your tax situation.

This makes sense to me, but what I don't understand is why it is using 2021 values for the year-to-date actuals when I have chosen the option of No Projections. This is the main issue I have a problem with, it is counting 2021 values in 2022 when it should not be.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    "No Projections" refers to future dates. Until an actual transaction or a reminder is entered you will see an estimate based on last year to date. Change to a User Entered value of zero until 2022 transactions begin to hit the tax line.
This discussion has been closed.