How can i include information from hidden accounts

Stephen Duxbury
Stephen Duxbury Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I am trying to run some reports that will have lots of information from old closed accounts, some going back over 20 years and there are lots of hidden closed accounts. When i run a report at the moment it barely brings anything in !

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    When you are in the report customization window, click the Accounts tab and tick Selected Accounts:

Scroll down to the bottom of the list and look for Hidden Accounts. This should be selected by default. If not, check the box. Also note that the default time period is Year to Date. Make sure you change to a custom date range that goes back the 20 years you're interested in.

One other note: If you select the All Transactions group register at the top of the sidebar, and search you do there (search box, top right) will include hidden accounts. This is the only non-hidden register that does so. Once you have your search displayed, you can select Print from the File menu to generate a PDF report. You can also select Export > All Register Transactions from the File menu to generate a CSV file that you can view and manipulate in Excel or Numbers.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • The search still didnt work even though the 'hidden accounts' was ticked. But the second option worked and brought in about 150 entries that i pretty much knew were there somewhere !
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @LarryZ This thread is about Quicken Mac. the searches and reports in Quicken Windows are different enough that you should re-post your question in a new thread in a Quicken Windows category.

The search still didnt work even though the 'hidden accounts' was ticked. But the second option worked and brought in about 150 entries that i pretty much knew were there somewhere !
    @Stephen Duxbury Are you saying a Search of All Transactions worked correctly for you? But a report with hidden accounts checked didn't include transactions from those accounts? I just retested this, just as @RickO described above, and it works correctly for me. If it's something you want to pursue further, post back; if you got what you needed and want to let it drop, that's fine, too.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • > @Stephen Duxbury Are you saying a Search of All Transactions worked correctly for you? But a report with hidden accounts checked didn't include transactions from those accounts? I just retested this, just as @RickO described above, and it works correctly for me. If it's something you want to pursue further, post back; if you got what you needed and want to let it drop, that's fine, too.

Think i have now got what l wanted, but its odd how a 'report' found virtually nothing but doing a search of all transactions found lots of entries, and l knew there were lots as 10 years or so ago i did a search and found lots of them.
This discussion has been closed.