New PC - need to download & install Quicken 2017

Options
Filip
Filip Member ✭✭
I have a new PC. I installed Quicken from the website. When I start the program and enter Quicken ID with password I get the message:
Did you purchase Quicken from Quicken.com?
If you're seeing this screen it's possible your Quicken subscription is linked to another Quicken ID.
Please choose sign out and sign in again with the email address associated with your Quicken purchase.
This is the same ID/e-mail I use on old computer. Later on there is message on the screen it is possible to activate new subscription using the activation code. I have not received that when I purchased software.
Do you have any ideas how to resolve it?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you downloaded Quicken from quicken.com, you downloaded Quicken Subscription (not 2017). Did you actually purchase Quicken? Did you create a new Quicken ID/Password?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you possibly Canadian?  Subscription started in Canada with Q2017.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Filip
    Filip Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @splasher said:
    > Are you possibly Canadian?  Subscription started in Canada with Q2017.

No, I bought it in US
  • Filip
    Filip Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > If you downloaded Quicken from quicken.com, you downloaded Quicken Subscription (not 2017). Did you actually purchase Quicken? Did you create a new Quicken ID/Password?

Yes, I purchased standalone version. I have confirmation of purchase and created ID/password. Is there standalone version available for download?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Filip said:  Yes, I purchased standalone version. I have confirmation of purchase and created ID/password. Is there standalone version available for download?
    The question is - did you just purchase a current 2022 version of Quicken from the Quicken website ?
    OR - did you purchase Quicken back in 2017 and want to somehow download a 2017 version ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Filip
    Filip Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > The question is - did you just purchase a current 2022 version of Quicken from the Quicken website ?
    > OR - did you purchase Quicken back in 2017 and want to somehow download a 2017 version ?

I purchased it in 2017 and I would like to continue using 2017 standalone version, just on a new PC.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken 2017 is no longer available for download since it's no longer supported. Do you have the Quicken 2017 installation file from when you purchased it in 2017? If not, you might find a copy on eBay. Just make sure it's a reputable seller.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Filip
    Filip Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Quicken 2017 is no longer available for download since it's no longer supported. Do you have the Quicken 2017 installation file from when you purchased it in 2017? If not, you might find a copy on eBay. Just make sure it's a reputable seller.

OK, thanks
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Filip said: I have a new PC. I installed Quicken from the website.
    Just to clarify - back in 2017... the Quicken program could be downloaded, and used for years - then the online features  would be terminated or Sunset as Quicken called it....
    Then Quicken created a new Subscription purchasing model, like several other software companies, where you purchased a yearly license to use the software.
    So - your old 2017 software was not part of the current subscription, and that was the prompt for User ID.
    When you went to the Quicken website, and downloaded the software - it was the current 2022 version, which requires your Quicken ID to be associated with a current & paid Subscription.
    Lastly - if you can find a copy and install Quicken 2017 -
    You will need to download/install the Quicken 2017 Mondo patch that changes from an Intuit ID to a Quicken ID.

Quicken 2017 US Patches - QuicknPerlWiz

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Filip
    Filip Member ✭✭
    Options
    Very surprising development. I copied quicken folder from old PC to a new one. When I start the program I get a message that online banking file did not start properly, but apart from that it works as normal. I never used it for online so nothing changed for me and I am happy now.
This discussion has been closed.