Tax Planner Defaults To Current Year (2022). Is That As It Should Be?

Options
mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
R37.65 Win10

The Tax Planner defaults back to the current year (2022) every time Quicken is re-opened. I don't recall this being how it worked in the past, but I can certainly be wrong. Can anyone confirm this has always been the case, or not?

When I'm in Jan/Feb, I want to work in the previous year (in this case, 2021) 99% of the time. I don't want to have to select 2021 from a drop down (which I forget to do half the time) every time I log in. For the rest of the year, I want to be in the current year, rarely going to the prior one.  As such, it makes sense to me that the planner should reopen to whatever year was last selected. 

If my memory is incorrect and the planner has always defaulted to the current year, I'll marvel at my cognitive deterioration, SMFH, then go ahead and resubmit my thoughts as an "Idea".

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm seeing the same thing in Quicken Subscription, not remembering the setting.
    I personally think that it is basic GUI "standards" to save such settings, so that it should be changed.

I checked Quicken 2017 and it has the same behavior, so this isn't new.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW

Ugh! (But thanks for the info)
This discussion has been closed.