How do I move some accounts from retirement to investment group?

Options
When downloading data from Schwab the download will not go into a retirement account. But my existing accounts (since 2004) are in the retirement group. So I have 6 accounts instead of 3. The instructions online don't work for me because my version of Quicken doesn't offer a account intent option under display options. Help!

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the "retirement" account types like IRA, 401K, ... Quicken only allows the intent type of "retirement".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When downloading data from Schwab the download will not go into a retirement account.
    what version do you have ..... Help --> About Quicken
    So - you have both Brokerage AND Retirement accounts at Schwab ?
    In Quicken - If you right-click on each retirement Account from the Quicken Account List - and then EDIT -
    what does it show for this items ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• snider.dixie
    Options
    Thank you. The version I have is R37.67. We have 3 accounts at Schwab - two traditional IRAs and one Roth IRA. It turns out that you can move an investment account from investment category to retirement catory but not the reverse. Following the instructions above, all 3 accounts are shown to be correctly classified as to intent. What I am gettting from the Schwab download is 5 accounts which nearly doubles my net worth. Will keep trying.
This discussion has been closed.