While closing and backing up.

CMH hawley
CMH hawley Member ✭✭
I continue to find on my desktop this file from closing and backing up my file. I end up always moving the file to my trash bin to remove it from my top. Can anyone tell me why this continues each and every time I open Quicken and how to correct it? Best and thank you in advance. I have attached the file but do not see it attached so not sure what is going on with that either. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the exact name of the file?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along with the file's name asked for by Greg_the_Geek, where is your Quicken data file (.QDF) located?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what is the exact location (drive letter, path and file name) of your Quicken data file?
  • CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    sorry for the lag time for I just found this. I have no idea how to even begin to find what you are asking of me.
  • CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    UKR I am not a computer wiz as I am sure you are. I have no idea where to find this information for you. I know the file name is the same as the backup name. It is called testcopy the location is C:\Users\hawle\Desktop Is this what you are asking for?
  • CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    have I answered your questions?
  • CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    Maybe I just need quicken to get onto this laptop and resolve for me
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    UKR I am not a computer wiz as I am sure you are. I have no idea where to find this information for you. I know the file name is the same as the backup name. It is called testcopy the location is C:\Users\hawle\Desktop Is this what you are asking for?
    Thanks for answering the question about the Quicken file location. Because it is located on the Desktop, you will also get a number of additional files and folders added to the Desktop, as needed by Quicken, e.g. folders named Validate or Backup.
    It would be best if you moved your Quicken data file to the recommended location, C:\Users\hawle\Documents\Quicken
    With Quicken closed, use Windows File Explorer to move the file. After the move is complete, double-click the file name in its new location to start Quicken and make it use the file in its new location. Quicken will remember the file's new location from then on and automatically load it every time you start Quicken.
    Whatever files you trashed from your desktop will be recreated in the \Documents\Quicken folder as needed. There's no need to delete them after every use in Quicken. Matter of fact, some of these files may come in handy if there's a situation that needs debugging.
    Also please remember, the Community is not a Live Chat system. You post a comment here or ask a question and one of a number of Community moderators or volunteer users will eventually answer it. So, there will be a time delay before you get an answer.

This discussion has been closed.