Missing details from Discover Card transaction

Options
EvanstonDave
EvanstonDave Member ✭✭
I just checked my manual download of Discover Card transactions and the information to download appears to be much "richer" than what Quicken is pulling in. Is it possible to set options anywhere to adjust what is downloaded?

Two big things I would like to change:

1) description from manual quicken more detailed and not trimmed, whereas the resulting quicken description appears to be trimmed at 32 characters length
2) category information is available, which I'd love to have downloaded into my memo field to assist when I categorize myself
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @EvanstonDave

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this difficulty. To clarify, there isn't really a way to set or change the options of how the file is read into Quicken. 

Although, if you do have some specific payees you can fill out the memo and/or category information through the Memorized Payee List. 

For more information on how to do this please visit the Help article linked below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-use-memorized-payee-list-quicken-windows

Hope this helps. Please let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • EvanstonDave
    EvanstonDave Member ✭✭
    Options
    Perhaps what I want to do is ask Quicken for an enhancement request to the product. More and more vendors are categorizing transactions, and while I don't necessarily want to rely upon a vendor to categorize stuff, it would be nice to have this detail downloaded in a field (say a new "vendor categorization" field, for instance) to assist in just helping to determine what a charge was for. I have probably a few charges a month that I don't get clarification from my kids on what it was in time and this would help me to do so on my own.

Would you know where I would go to post an enhancement request to the quicken software?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @EvanstonDave

Thank you for your response. If you would like you can actually make an idea post, where other users can also vote. If the post gets enough votes then it gets sent to our development team(s) for consideration and future implementation. 

For more information and instructions please visit the link below. 

Let us know of any other questions! 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.