How do I DELETE ALL existing QDF files and start over?

congie66
congie66 Member ✭✭
Been wrestling with Quick for weeks; trying to close out my little biz for 2021.
It keeps restoring an obsolete file "x7097" which was an experiment tried by a Q engineer online with me to repair Ally Bank uploads. I have even tried ALL of the backup files on my zip drive, going back to 2017, and every restoration shows the register for the x7097 file, with no check entries!!! Please, please tell me how to erase everything on my PC and start over by forcing a restore from zip?

Thanks a Million,
Dave

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to delete them you can delete them from Windows.  They should be in your Documents in a Quicken folder or search your computer for all files ending in .qdf and .qdf-backup.  To start a new blank data file just go up to File-New

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying you would like to remove a data file from this list?

If that is the case, then if you first make sure that file is removed using Windows File Explorer, then when you click on it in the above menu Quicken will prompt asking if you want to remove it like this:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note if you want help finding where the Quicken files are located on your computer, select File -> Find Quicken Data Files...

You will still have to delete them using Windows File Explorer, but this can help find where they are.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • congie66
    congie66 Member ✭✭
    thanks Chris. I know exactly where my files are, and also on my E:zip drive, I am way beyond that. As to your reference to Premier, I used that for about 14 yrs and then went to Basic because I do not need the investment stuff, etc. Problem still there -all restorations show zero data. Today I will install the brand new Quicken that I downloaded from their site and try to restore data from my thumb ddrive.
This discussion has been closed.