Wells Fargo

Options
ArjPac
ArjPac Member ✭✭
I have a Mac Subscription Quicken account, currently running Deluxe vs 6.5.1. I have used Quicken for a decade, but last week it is unable to connect to Wells Fargo bank. Other institutions/accounts still work fine. Any advice?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    ArjPac said:
    I have a Mac Subscription Quicken account, currently running Deluxe vs 6.5.1. I have used Quicken for a decade, but last week it is unable to connect to Wells Fargo bank. Other institutions/accounts still work fine. Any advice?
    Hello @ArjPac,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Before I can provide any additional recommendations for a resolution, I do have some additional questions. Are you noticing any error messages when you try to connect to Wells Fargo? When did you first notice this issue occurring? Also, what Connection Type (you can check this by going to Settings > Downloads via the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the Quicken window) are you trying to link your accounts with, and which instance, in the bank list, are you selecting? 

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • ArjPac
    ArjPac Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, the error message that I get is Download Error (-30), the specified account is not found. Please note that I have been syncing to these same accounts for several years with no changes. When I select 'resolve', and enter username and password, I receive 'Sync Error; Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later and contact Quick Support". And I am using "Quick Connect"
  • rainbows
    rainbows Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been experiencing this as well for two weeks and removed and reconnected under direct instead of quick and it recognized the account and offered to link to it in quicken then tried and stated 'oops'
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ArjPac said:
    Yes, the error message that I get is Download Error (-30), the specified account is not found. Please note that I have been syncing to these same accounts for several years with no changes. When I select 'resolve', and enter username and password, I receive 'Sync Error; Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later and contact Quick Support". And I am using "Quick Connect"
    @ArjPac,

Thank you for continuing to speak with me about this issue. Is there any way you could provide a screenshot of the error message as you see it after you click Resolve? Here is a thread on how to provide screenshots in the Quicken Community post:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

In the meantime, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services and then click Reset next to your Cloud account information. 

I look forward to hearing any future updates about this problem if you should have the time to check back in with the Quicken Community.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • ArjPac
    ArjPac Member ✭✭
    Options
    @QuickenJared. I believe the screenshot is attached, please let me know if you can't see it,.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello @ArjPac

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To obtain a better understanding of the issue could you please attempt a test file? Before starting the process please ensure that you have made a backup of your current file. 

To create a test file select File >New >Start from scratch >Next. Once the test file is created please attempt adding your Wells Fargo account(s) only. No other accounts are necessary. 

When you have a moment please attempt the test file and let us know how it goes! Please be specific on any error codes or messages received. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.