Quicken Discover Card Problem

JCrock
JCrock Member
Quicken downloading transactions with random letters with zero amount. These transactions are not present when I access my Discover Card account.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discover creates and downloads these $0 transactions when the text of a transaction is over a certain length.
    They are harmless, I just accept and delete them from the register.
    If you look closely at your statement, you will find the "gibberish" lettering in the transaction will match up with the same gibberish in a transaction on that date.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• john2018
    john2018 Member ✭✭✭
    This just started happening to me yesterday on Q-Mac 6.5.1. So far it's limited to Amazon charges to a Discover Card. It added these back approximately 3 months. It easy to see them as they all popped up as unreconciled amounts :). It's annoying, but I've just been deleting them there.
  • AS007
    AS007 Member ✭✭
    I have this issue for years! It is very annoying. Quicken should fix this. If I have to manually sift through transactions, I might as well just use the spreadsheet!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    AS007 said:
    I have this issue for years! It is very annoying. Quicken should fix this. If I have to manually sift through transactions, I might as well just use the spreadsheet!
    Discover Card is creating the downloaded information and creating extraneous $0 transactions, you need to complain to them, Quicken has nothing to do with what Discover Card is providing in the download.
    How would you propose Quicken fix an issue caused by Discover Card's incompetence. 

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I get them when I pay with Apple Pay. I just delete them.
This discussion has been closed.