Opening Balance Keeps Changing with every update

Each time I download transactions (or nearly each time) the opening balance keeps changing. Opening balance goes back to 2016 and all transactions are reconciled.

I think it's only happening with my bank, both checking and savings.

Why is quicken doing this?

Edit: This only started happening since I did a year-end archive (I think I made a copy) and had to reconnect the accounts to each online service to download transactions.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you possibly using QMobile/Q-Web with this file?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• No, mobile is turned off.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try deleting and manually re-entering the Opening Balance transaction.  Be sure to use the correct category (the account's name such as[checking] ) and to mark it R as it was reconciled.

• Already tried that. I even went back and corrected a few times, it just keeps changing it for some reason.

Also note this only happens when I use the direct connect within Quicken. If I go and download via .qif files it doesn't happen.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, you are using Quicken for Windows, correct?
    This is the last thing I can think for you to try.
    I would recheck that syncing to the Quicken Cloud Account (QCA) is indeed off.
    Edit->Preferences->Mobile & Web  
    Then, create a new Quicken data file so that you can delete the QCA associated with your original data file.  When you create it (I named mine, Used-to-del-QCA, and I've kept it for future use), have Quicken set it up for Mobile when asked. 
    Create a single cash account and have it synced.  
    Now, because it is setup for Mobile, you can go to Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id & Cloud Accounts

Click on "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken Id", and delete the QCA associated with your original account.
    NOTE: There is a QCA created for each Quicken data file to contain information about the subscription, Zillow, Billpay and a few other things if they are used and will be recreated when you open and sign back into your original data file.
    When you do open your original data file, go to Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id & Cloud Accounts and select "Sign in as a different user" (that window will look different this time)

Then do the sign in with your Quicken Id.

Hang on to the new file so that you can use it in the future if needed.

• Yes, Quicken Windows. Out of town the rest of the week, let me try this when I get back.
  • @splasher I gave up on this file. Have had problems in the distance past with it as well. Decided to just start with a fresh new file. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.