Can No Longer Renew Using Retail Activation Code (from New Subscriber box) ?

vuwildcat07
vuwildcat07 Unconfirmed ✭✭
I normally purchase Quicken at a retail store when it goes on sale in order to extend my subscription, and I have been able to do so without issue until this year.  I purchased Quicken and went to enter the activation code, only to be told that only new subscribers could use it.  I now have to request a refund and pay full price for a renewal.  I am not sure why we are not being allowed to use a retail software code anymore instead of auto-renewal.  This is definitely not a great way to treat loyal customers.

Comments

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    ... I am not sure why we are not being allowed to use a retail software code anymore instead of auto-renewal.  This is definitely not a great way to treat loyal customers.
    We are allowed to use a retail code.  However there are two types of them: One is for any subscriber and the other is for "New Subscribers Only" and those do say it on the box.  If yours doesn't say that, then that is an unfortunate one-off packaging mistake probably.  Sorry to hear that.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    You can still shop around for cheaper retail offers -
    but as mentioned, once you are a registered Quicken user -
    you CAN'T use the "new subscriber" product promo .... since you are no longer a NEW Subscriber.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• vuwildcat07
    vuwildcat07 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    That’s new. Why two different products? Seems too easy to get tripped up.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s new. Why two different products? Seems too easy to get tripped up.
    it's your normal "new user" promo offer... just like lots of other businesses... to attract NEW users

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.