Multiple Files

jacklarney
jacklarney Member ✭✭
When I am on Quicken on the Web or Quicken Mobile, under my profiles there are 3 files and they all have the same name. How to I know what file on the desktop they are looking at and how do I delete the ones that are not correct?

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hello @jacklarney

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize for the confusion. To clarify, if you would like to see which you are currently viewing you may do so by selecting File >Show this file on my computer.

The other file(s) may be moved into the recycle bin if you are certain they are no longer of use to you. However, do keep in mind it is always a good idea to have a backup or a few just in case. 

Hope this provides clarification. Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • jacklarney
    jacklarney Member ✭✭
    I know how to find the file that the desktop is using but when I go to Quicken Mobile, the numbers are different. I'm pretty sure it is referencing a different file.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Quicken for Mac (on the desktop): Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services > See All Cloud Accounts

Here you should see the same 3 files that you observed in Mobile / Web. The file that is in bold in that list is your current file on the Desktop. 

1) You can rename any of these files. Just double-click on the Cloud Account Name. This should allow you to identify the current file in Mobile / Web.

2) You can delete any of the files - except the current file. Just be sure you don't need them for another Quicken desktop data file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • msscpa
    msscpa Member ✭✭
    what about the windows version... i have the same issue.. nothing under preferences/mobile & web or Quicken ID & Cloud accounts.... how do i delete a file no longer in use with another name?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @msscpa Please post your question as a New Question in a Quicken Windows category of this site. Since this is a Quicken Mac topic, the people (like me) who are seeing it are likely not to be familiar with Quicken Windows. Pstign a new question in the right area will get the Windows experts here to see your question.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.