Data not transfering correctly to new iMac

juliarus
juliarus Member
Hi...Just got a new iMac and have been dreading the transfer of data from my old version of Quicken 2007. Short story is that the best(most accurate) data transfer had my balance correct, and all the categories intact, but did not recognize that my quicken had EVER been reconciled...something I do to the penny each month. I'm thinking that the easiest way around is just to add a new checking account "2022" and start fresh reconciling it this year. Can I compare the data across 2 checking accounts (so I can compare expenses with years past for example) Thanks.

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    The Reconcile History (i.e., ability to re-reconcile older periods) does not transfer over to the new Quicken for Mac from 2007. The transactions themselves, however, will still be correctly marked as reconciled.

If your prior reconciles were all "to the penny", then I don't see the need to start a new checking account. Just reconcile as you normally would, and you should balance. It will start saving new reconcile history in the new version from then on.

Note: you can change which columns display/the order of them in the newer versions. You might wish to make the "Clr" column visible. Empty checkbox=uncleared, blue/white check in box=cleared, and green circle with checkmark=reconciled. 

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    The Reconcile History (i.e., ability to re-reconcile older periods) does not transfer over to the new Quicken for Mac from 2007. The transactions themselves, however, will still be correctly marked as reconciled.

If your prior reconciles were all "to the penny", then I don't see the need to start a new checking account. Just reconcile as you normally would, and you should balance. It will start saving new reconcile history in the new version from then on.

Note: you can change which columns display/the order of them in the newer versions. You might wish to make the "Clr" column visible. Empty checkbox=uncleared, blue/white check in box=cleared, and green circle with checkmark=reconciled. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    To build on what John wrote above I would reconcile each of your accounts from the beginning of time until your most recent successful reconciliation date, and then carry on with monthly reconciliations going forward. Let's say you reconciled through November 2021 in your Quicken 2007. Try to reconcile through November 2021 in new Quicken. If the reconciliation is perfect  mark it reconciled, and then you can move on to December and beyond. If the reconciliation is off, you will need to do some detective work to figure out where/why it is off. Post back if that is the case, and we can offer some tips on how to go about finding where you're off. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • juliarus
    juliarus Member
    Thank you! I knew this would be a painful transition...I've been putting it off since 2007 :) Now that I have made the clear column visible, that helps alot...all my previous entries are showing up as cleared. Fingers crossed I'll be able to reconcile this account and not start a new one. Grazie!
This discussion has been closed.