Bank Of America Bill Pay

I use the Bill Pay feature on Bank of America online account. i also use Quicken for regular monthly payments Does Quicken pull in my Bill Pay Payments from BoA if they are setup as repeat payments and put them under the scheduled feature?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    B of A has virtually perfect communication with Quicken via Direct Connect. My understanding is that a payment set up on the B of A site using their AutoPay mechanism "should" appear in Quicken as a "Repeating Online" transaction after the next online update.
    I don't have any such payments set up because I prefer to have my payments sent from Quicken rather than automatically from the bank, so I don't have 100% confidence in this response. But I believe this is the case, or at least was in the past.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Beech

It sounds like you want to move future payments - for payees that you previously were paying on your bank's online account - into Quicken's bill payment function.  Quicken will not automatically "pull in" the data for those transactions.  You will need to setup and then schedule those payments in Quicken.  But it can be a one-time setup process for you going forward.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to avoid double paying, be sure to turn off the auto pay at the bank.

As an alternative, you could leave the automatic payments in place at the bank and set up a monthly Reminder in Quicken with the online payment option un-check checked. This will enter the transactions in your register but not tell the bank to pay them.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    B of A has virtually perfect communication with Quicken via Direct Connect. My understanding is that a payment set up on the B of A site using their AutoPay mechanism "should" appear in Quicken as a "Repeating Online" transaction after the next online update.
    I don't have any such payments set up because I prefer to have my payments sent from Quicken rather than automatically from the bank, so I don't have 100% confidence in this response. But I believe this is the case, or at least was in the past.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.