getting "We are unable to contact the Quicken server.." error message

Every time after entering my Quicken ID and password, I get the "We are unable to contact the Quicken server.." error message. If I enter a wrong email address or password, it tells me "invalid credentails", so I believe it actually connects to the server successfully. I suspect it is other problem. I do not have VPN and Firewall, and I have the latest version of software. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• CUITCNY
    CUITCNY Member ✭✭✭
    I get the same error when I try to send feedback to QUicken after I get an error message. Then I get the error message that the feedback cannot access the Quicken server.
  • Jkelley27
    Jkelley27 Member
    Same issue here. I installed an update and now it wants me to open my backup file but won't let me sign in.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hello @YONG,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To clarify, where are you entering your Quicken ID/password? Is it through Quicken on the Web or the Quicken desktop application? Also, could you please let us know how long this has been occurring? 

Please elaborate further so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

@CUITCNY and @Jkelley27

Could you please let us know if you are using a VPN and how long this has been occurring? 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • YONG
    YONG Member
    As I said initially. This desktop does not have a VPN. I upgraded this desktop to Windows10 and reinstalled Quicken. I never made the Quicken work after the new installations. Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

• GTA_doum
    GTA_doum Member
    Same here, Quicken connects to the ID properly but complains that membership is expired and that it cannot connect to server!
  • Quicken had not been downloading transactions and the Quicken website suggested logging out of my database and then logging back in. It won't let me log back in. It flashes and even says success then goes back to the login screen. I spent an hour on the tech line and they succeeded in reinstalling the program with a new database but when I hung up and went to restore from a backup I am getting Unable to contact the Quicken Server, try again later.
This discussion has been closed.