No longer able to schedule transactions or edit scheduled ones?

QuickSteve
QuickSteve Unconfirmed ✭✭
MacOS 12.1, Quicken Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100), as of today I am no longer able to schedule transactions or edit ones already scheduled. I'm baffled. I've quit and restarted Quicken, rebooted the Mac, to no avail. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?! Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    There is a bug in the 6.5.1 release which they will hopefully fix in the next release.

You actually can create and edit scheduled transactions. If you create the scheduled transaction in an account register set to show 2 or more future months, you'll see what is happening. When you select a transaction to schedule, it should pop up the Schedule window — but instead, it just makes a transaction repeating every month. To fix this, double-click on the first instance of the new transaction and select Edit All Instances from the blue pop-up. Now you will be able to click on the Schedule screen and set the schedule parameters however you want them.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    There is a bug in the 6.5.1 release which they will hopefully fix in the next release.

You actually can create and edit scheduled transactions. If you create the scheduled transaction in an account register set to show 2 or more future months, you'll see what is happening. When you select a transaction to schedule, it should pop up the Schedule window — but instead, it just makes a transaction repeating every month. To fix this, double-click on the first instance of the new transaction and select Edit All Instances from the blue pop-up. Now you will be able to click on the Schedule screen and set the schedule parameters however you want them.
  • QuickSteve
    QuickSteve Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Thank you very much! I appreciate the answer and how quickly you provided it.
  • Mary OBrien
    Mary OBrien Member ✭✭✭
    Bug still there in R37.67
  • jacobs
    @Mary OBrien I'm not sure what you're responding to, but this is a thread about Quicken Mac. If you're having a problem with Quicken Windows, you should create a post about it in a Quicken Windows category of this forum.
This discussion has been closed.