Quicken Slow Loading after R37.67 install

fw6322+
fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
Installed R37.67 and Mondo Patch R37.67 on 1-11-2022.  Quicken started loading very slow and continues after the install.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @fw6322+,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• fw6322+

-Quicken Anja,

Did the Windows 11 app uninstall and then Qclean.  Not sure which function caused TurboTax to be deactivated.  The only folder Qclean or Win uninstall didn't touch was Program Files (x86) Quicken file.  Did the rename on the Quicken program files (x86)

Downloaded Q from my Quicken account and installed.  Applied Mondo patch R37.67 and the slowness seems to be daytime problem.  Early is slow and rest of the day normal as like a couple of seconds versus some 30 seconds for the morning.

The other issue with all this process is Bill Manager is totaled trashed and you have to start from scratch to rebuild Bill Manager and activate Banking account.

It appears to me that this process needs some attention so Bill Manager isn't trashed. 

Thanks for your help!

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    fw6322+ said:
    ... Not sure which function caused TurboTax to be deactivated.
    Specific to the TurboTax comment, QClean always had an adverse effect on TT's installation to my knowledge.  I have experienced this every time I used QClean since couple of years ago where it required reactivation, repair or reinstall of TT - even before the step to remove the folders.  My WAG is that the QClean script removes some lingering shared files or values between the two products.
    I don't use the billing module so cannot comment on that one.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• fw6322+
    Did a Windows 11 reset and that corrected the slow startup on Quicken Premier.  Installed Quicken R38.25 on 1-24-22 and all is good with startup.  The Windows 11 was installed over Windows 10. Hadn't done a reset in the last two years.
  • maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Interesting comment -- I have the exact opposite problem. After installing 38.25 a few days ago, quicken has been significantly slower on startup.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

This discussion has been closed.