Quicken Check Pay

Options
How do I submit my signature so that Quicken Check Pay does not issue checks saying "Signature On File" in the signature line?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @JKLJustin,

Yes, all that is true, except the last part.  The actual payment process is being handled by this third party, and even though the paper check has your bank account related data on it, it cannot have your signature.  So the bill payment processor must indicate that they have your "signature on file" or "authority to make the payment", in order for the check to be cashed by the vendor.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @JKLJustin,

Unfortunately that is not how these types of payments are made. 

Your signature is not needed because you are using a bill payment program and as part of that, the Bill Payment Provider is responsible not only for the accuracy of the payment transaction (based on information you provide) but also the actual payment of the amount due.  It is that provider that makes the payment to the party you want to pay, not you.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JKLJustin
    JKLJustin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Frank, it is confusing as there is no indication the payment is from a bill pay service. The addressee is listed as me and the routing and account numbers are to my account.

So really it is me making the payment to the party, the service just cuts the check and mails on my behalf.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @JKLJustin,

Yes, all that is true, except the last part.  The actual payment process is being handled by this third party, and even though the paper check has your bank account related data on it, it cannot have your signature.  So the bill payment processor must indicate that they have your "signature on file" or "authority to make the payment", in order for the check to be cashed by the vendor.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.