Hi All, I have a Question regarding My QDATA File and an issue that arose with the latest Update.

RichMusa50
RichMusa50 Member
Having performed a Backup to Quicken Vault, I received a question box asking me for a Password? I did not Password protect this file just backed it up. My question is now that I can't open it, does that mean the file is corrupted or how to I retrieve the original file without a password? Yhanks for any help I hate to lose a years information. Year 2021.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    There appears to be an update bug on recent R37.xx upgrades that are causing the password issue. You may want to consider downgrading your installation unless you are using Schwab. To resolve the password issue, restore from a previous backup until you are no longer prompted for a password.

If you want to restore to a previous version, respond back with your current version and if you use Schwab.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    We can not Backup to Quicken Vault.

Quicken has a Password Vault that always requires a password.  If you have forgotten this password, you may reset or delete the Password Vault: select Tools > Password Vault

If you are attempting to open a Quicken file and being prompted to enter a data file password when a data file password was never set, your Quicken file is corrupt and I suggest you attempt to open a good recent Quicken file backup. 

To help locate recent Quicken file backups, I suggest you press the Ctrl key when you open Quicken and select File > Find Quicken Files....
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    RichMusa50 said:  Having performed a Backup to Quicken Vault, I received a question box asking me for a Password? I did not Password protect this file just backed it up.
    Do you mean you just did a Backup of the Quicken data file - NOT the Vault - since there is no such action ?
    What version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    Did you use the menu .... File --> Copy or Backup File --> Create a Complete Backup -->

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Thanks was able to use a copy backup from thumb drive. I will delete the contents of the cloud.
  • Thanks I able to locate a backup copy and fixed the problem. Have deleted the contents of the cloud which must have become corrupted.
This discussion has been closed.