Quicken not showing Stripe transactions

NICOLEGEE
NICOLEGEE Member
I have Quicken connected to my bank (USBank) and the BANK shows all of my Stripe transactions (all income) ... but quicken doesn't show ANY. ?!
why isn't it picking up the Stripe income? or the Wave income? or any of my other income accounts? they're all connected with USBank .......?!

Answers

• NICOLEGEE
    NICOLEGEE Member
    (I'm on a Mac, if that matters)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which method to you use do download from USB (where I'm a customer also)?
    Express Web Connect (which is free) or Direct Connect (which costs $3.95/month for ALL of your USB accounts?
    HOW do these payments show on USB's website?
    Here's an example from one of my deposits:
    Note that there's a balance column to the right that I'm not displaying.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NICOLEGEE
    NICOLEGEE Member
    I don't know. it says "Quicken connect" for the type. I'm on a Mac ...
  • NICOLEGEE
    NICOLEGEE Member
    as to USB, it shows "stripe income" or "wave income" .... when I type in either of those to search in Quicken, I get nothing. ? so weird.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    NICOLEGEE said:
    as to USB, it shows "stripe income" or "wave income" .... when I type in either of those to search in Quicken, I get nothing. ? so weird.
    Hello @NICOLEGEE,

I am sorry to hear that this issue is affecting you. Thank you for following this thread here on the Quicken Community and furthering discussion about the matter. Do you know if any filters may be preventing the transactions from appearing? You should be able to press the Clear Filters button at the top of the register if this is the case.

Also, what instance of USBank did you select in the bank list when you connected your account(s)?

I look forward to any correspondence you may be able to provide about this, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us on the Quicken Community.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • NICOLEGEE
    NICOLEGEE Member
    filters are all cleared. in settings, it says I have "quicken connect" ... downloading ALL transactions.
  • NICOLEGEE
    NICOLEGEE Member
    I don't know what you mean by "what instances USBank did I select". ? huh?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    NICOLEGEE said:
    I don't know what you mean by "what instances USBank did I select". ? huh?
    @NICOLEGEE,

I apologize for any confusion. I should have elaborated a little bit more on the term 'instance.' We refer to the different names for the banking institution that appear in the Add Account window when you type in the bank, brokerage, or credit union's name. For example, you may see 'USBank - PFM Direct Connect' or 'USBank - TrustNow' when you type the word 'USBank' into the search bar when trying to add an account or investment in Quicken. 

Hopefully that clears up any uncertainty surrounding the word 'instance' as it is used here. I look forward to hearing more from you about this issue and thank you for continuing to follow up with me.

Best regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • NICOLEGEE
    NICOLEGEE Member
    ok, thank you. I see that, now. which one should I choose? (have chosen; I assume I can change it)
    direct connect or trust? I have no way of knowing what IS ... do I?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "US Bank - PFM Direct Connect" will cost your $3.95/month to download ALL of your USB accounts.
    But since USB's implementation of Express Web Connect is so flaky I consider that amount to be WELL WORTH the reduction in aggravation.
    IF you want to use this method, you need to contact USB to authorize the charge and turn on the funciton.
    Also, for routine accounts, the alternative to PFM Direct Connect is, "US Bank - Internet Banking", which is free.

• NICOLEGEE
    NICOLEGEE Member
    thank you ... if I change to "Direct connect", will THAT include all of the other transactions?? and why aren't they included, now? all my other income transactions are coming in ... it just doesn't make sense to me. explain?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no proof of this, but I believe that the absence of those Stripe transactions is due to something other than the download method ... so I doubt that changing methods will resolve this issue.
    BUT, if the suggested reset of your filters isn't the cause ... I'm out of ideas.
    You might try contacting Q Support and letting them connect to your computer and SEE (but not touch) what's going on.

• NICOLEGEE
    NICOLEGEE Member
    thank you so much for your thoughts. I really appreciate you taking the time.
    I'll contact them.
This discussion has been closed.