Deletion of Re-Named Folders and Old Qdata Files?

Options
GGGGGGG
GGGGGGG Member
1. After using QCleanUI and reinstalling the Quicken subscription program, can I delete the re-named folders in
C:\Program Data,
C:\Program Files[x86], and
C:\User folders?
2. I save Q data files with a date. Do I need to keep all these files or just the last one saved? Is there some rule on how and when to eliminate Q Data file clutter?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GGGGGGG said:
    1. After using QCleanUI and reinstalling the Quicken subscription program, can I delete the re-named folders in C:\Program Data, C:\Program Files[x86], and C:\User folders?
    2. I save Q data files with a date. Do I need to keep all these files or just the last one saved? Is there some rule on how and when to eliminate Q Data file clutter?
    1. Yes.
    2. You may use Windows File Explorer to delete the Quicken files you no longer want to keep.
    Note: We store daily file backups for 3 months, weekly for 6 months, and monthly for a year securely in cloud storage using Duplicati.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just following along -
    Does QCleanUI rename these sub-folders as it performs a "cleanup" ?
    Next - Are you using the Quicken backup feature ......  Edit --> Preferences --> Backup -->
    if so, the files from the auto-backup will have a datestamp in the filename,
    and the manual backups can have a datestamp if [x] checked

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:
    Just following along -
    Does QCleanUI rename these sub-folders as it performs a "cleanup" ?
    Next - Are you using the Quicken backup feature ......  Edit --> Preferences --> Backup -->
    if so, the files from the auto-backup will have a datestamp in the filename,
    and the manual backups can have a datestamp if [x] checked

The rename of the folders is performed manually as documented: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

We use both the manual and the automatic backup feature.  We save manual backups frequently (Ctrl + B) to provide the generic undo functionality Quicken lacks.
This discussion has been closed.