CC-800 Error on Ally Bank

marks@
marks@ Member
This error started coming up on my Ally Bank only, during one step update. States the bank is asking for more information and need to select sms txt, but no message ever is received. (never asks when going in via browser)

Went through the steps on how to resolve by deactivating account, validate and repair, then add the account back in, but that doesn't work. Additionally, the bank then locks me out due to too many failed attempts. Took 2 days to fix that with the bank.

Prior to this error happening, did not deactivate or deleted account or restored a backup as the overview states. I've deactivated online update since afraid to add it to one step update and it will lock me out of that account again.

Quicken Premier
Version R37.67
Build 27.1.37.67

Answers

• Hello @marks@,

Thank you for coming to the Community to report the issue you are having, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Can I have you open a "test" file so we can see if this issue happens there as well? To do this, you can go to File>New Quicken File>New Quicken File>Ok>Type in "test">Save

Once you are in the new file, please try adding your Ally Bank accounts and let us know if you still have an issue with the MFA. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• marks@
    marks@ Member
    Same thing occurs in a test file as my regular file; pop up message for account access,"... bank requires that you enter more information in order to connect. Where would you like to receive secure code? SMSxxxxx--.."
    This is where I think the error is, when logging in to that account via a browser, 2FA is not set up and additional questions are not asked. This is where if I had selected SMS, no code is ever sent and multiple inquiries are sent to the bank locking me out. I had not selected in test file at this point.
  • Hello @marks@,

Thank you for trying the test file, though I am sorry to hear that this issue continued there as well. 

I see that you sent in log files back on the 12th of this month. When looking at those the error shown is a 185. Can you please go back into your original data file and then go to Help>Report a problem and send over new log files.

Also, please check to make sure there are no messages or alerts that need to be acknowledged on the bank's website. In addition to that, look for any third-party access requirements that you may need to enable.

Let me know when this is done so I can review the new log files and proceed with an escalation if necessary.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• marks@
    marks@ Member
    I will send over new log files tonight. Checked again at Ally and no outstanding messages or alerts.

Mark
This discussion has been closed.