Why can't I delete a scheduled transaction?

I've deleted a scheduled transaction in the bills and income section, but it's still showing up in my register. I've checked the bills and income sections and it's not there but it won't stop showing up in my register. It's happening on both web and mobile.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    "Web and mobile" always sets my spider sense tingling, because there are sometimes issues where Quicken Cloud thins it has newer data when it's actually behind what's in the desktop data file. But before we go there…

Go to your account register. Find the next instance of the scheduled transaction and double-click it. The blue menu bar will pop up under the transaction two. Select Delete All Instances, and the transaction should be gone for good.

I don't use Quicken Cloud (mobile and web) at all, but I believe problems can come up when a user makes changes in their desktop file, does not sync, then uses the mobile app or web interface for something, and the next time they use the desktop program, it pulls down data from the Cloud which overwrites the changes made on the desktop which had never been synced. So after having deleted the schedule transaction above, you want to force a sync to the Cloud, and then have the mobile app refresh from the Cloud. I may be saying this wrong because I don't use it, but go to Accounts > Sync to Mobile. After that completes, is the deleted transaction still gone? Open the mobile app and swipe down to sync your data. In desktop Quicken, try Update All Accounts now. Is the deleted transactions still gone? If so, I think it should now be gone for good, since desktop and mobile are in sync.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • justbe603
    justbe603 Member
    In my desktop file, all the scheduled transactions are deleted both in the register (as upcoming) and in Bills and Income. But it's still showing up in my register on mobile and web. Very frustrating!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    justbe603 said:
    In my desktop file, all the scheduled transactions are deleted both in the register (as upcoming) and in Bills and Income. But it's still showing up in my register on mobile and web. Very frustrating!
    After deleting the scheduled transaction on your desktop/laptop, did you Sync to mobile?
    If you did and logging out of the Mobile app, then logging back in still shows the transaction, maybe you need to Reset Sync to have a fresh copy of the Sync file created.

• justbe603
    justbe603 Member
    I tried Sync to mobile on my desktop and then logged out of the app but it didn't make a difference. I did a regular Sync but didn't see an option to "Reset Sync" on mobile, web or desktop. :(
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @justbe603 Reset is on the Preferences > Connected Services screen. It's labeled Reset, not Reset Sync. It deletes your existing Quicken Cloud file and creates a new one from your desktop file. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • justbe603
    justbe603 Member
    That worked! Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.