How do I enter/process a payroll check? Can't seem to get off first base.

Options
I used the Paycheck Setup wizard to setup my paycheck. It is setup to track gross pay and all pre-tax and taxable deductions. Now what?

My banking checking account shows the three payroll deposits that have been made in my account so far this month. The Bills and Income tab / Income & Transfers section shows I have three past due deposits waiting from my employer.

I don't know what to do with them. The net deposits from my employer will continue to be imported from the bank weekly when the accounts are updated in Quicken. How do I marry the income reminder with the imported bank deposit?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The imported transaction should match the paycheck transaction entered using the paycheck reminder.
  • pdelee48
    pdelee48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Agreed. The two should match. But how does the reminder listed in the Bills & Income / Income & Transfers get to the checking account register? The only options are three buttons: "Skip all overdue", "Edit", and "Show History".
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pdelee48 said:
    Agreed. The two should match. But how does the reminder listed in the Bills & Income / Income & Transfers get to the checking account register? The only options are three buttons: "Skip all overdue", "Edit", and "Show History".
    We enter the paycheck reminder's transaction the same way any other reminder's transaction.  The earliest instance of the overdue reminder should offer Enter (unless you set the reminder to be automatically entered).
  • pdelee48
    pdelee48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I see now. I had it set to automatic, one day before. The past three had already passed so they were never going to hit the register. I changed it to manual and the "Enter" button showed up. This allowed me to move them to the register. Then I could delete the imported transaction from the bank. Now I understand what's going on here. Another benefit is when I hit "Enter" it allows me to edit amounts if necessary before it hits the register. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.