edit scheduled transactions

wwwoolf
wwwoolf Member ✭✭
I dont see an option to edit a scheduled transaction. I just upgraded to OS Monterey 12.1

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It depends on what you want to do: 

If you want to edit data for that single transaction (and not edit the scheduled transaction template itself), double click and choose the Mark as Paid option. Change details as needed and hit return to save:

You can can double click the reminder and chose to Edit All Instances:

Alternatively, you can select the scheduled transaction in the register and select (from the menubar) Edit: Transactions: Edit Schedule or Edit Instance to accomplish the same.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It depends on what you want to do: 

If you want to edit data for that single transaction (and not edit the scheduled transaction template itself), double click and choose the Mark as Paid option. Change details as needed and hit return to save:

You can can double click the reminder and chose to Edit All Instances:

Alternatively, you can select the scheduled transaction in the register and select (from the menubar) Edit: Transactions: Edit Schedule or Edit Instance to accomplish the same.
  • wwwoolf
    wwwoolf Member ✭✭
    Aha!.. The magical double click! I see it now. Thank you so much; would never have found it.
  • wwwoolf
    wwwoolf Member ✭✭
    oops now I'm trying it again....and I can't get that choice to come up. Maybe I didn't understand. what is is I'm double clicking??
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    You're double-clicking the next scheduled transaction in the register of the account where the bill will be paid from. It will have a little clock symbol in the status column. For example, the one highlighted in blue here:

I don't think it matters where you double-click on that transaction - anywhere in the blue area will do.

By default the register will only show scheduled transactions coming up in the next 30 days; if the one you want to edit is more than 30 days away, you'll need to change that setting by clicking the little clock just above the right corner of the register (just below the search bar).

Also, once you've marked a bill as paid, you won't get that option again for that transaction (and the transaction won't have that clock symbol in the status column anymore). At that point, you'll just get the same "Edit Details" option as with any regular transaction. But there will be a new scheduled transaction on the next scheduled payment date:

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• wwwoolf
    wwwoolf Member ✭✭
    Oh thank you. Explains why I couldnt find it again. I must have just gotten lucky before and clicked on one coming up. Then I couldnt find it again when I was trying to change earlier ones. I am way behind balancing my register so I was trying to change transactions from months ago. Thanks again
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken Paloma Somehow this thread is tagged as an "announcement" and appearing at the top of the home page...

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• wwwoolf
    wwwoolf Member ✭✭
    I dont know anything. Is there something I need to do?
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You don't need to do anything, the forum admins will take care of it.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• wwwoolf
    wwwoolf Member ✭✭
    Sigh...So there are two main checking accounts. One seems to be working fine with the clock icon and the scheduled transaction set up screens. But it appears that the clock icon for scheduled transactions is not appearing on the other register. In fact, if I enter the transaction, and click Schedule this transaction, nothing happens. The screen to set the date doesn't come up. I tried deleting the upcoming transactions and trying again and whether I select a transaction in the drop down or manually type it in, I can't schedule.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @wwwoolf I'm confused about your statement that "the clock icon for scheduled transactions is not appearing on the other register". Can you post a screenshot of what the upper right of that register looks like, where the clock icon would appear under the Search box. I can't think of a way to make the clock not appear in a checking account register, so I'm puzzled that you're saying it's not there.

As for scheduling a transaction, there is a bug in the current release if you schedule an existing transaction. Instead of going to the Schedule screen, it just creates the scheduled transactions with a monthly time interval. Hopefully they'll fix this in the next release. Meanwhile, after it creates the schedule of monthly transactions, you need to click on the first scheduled transaction, double-click it, and select Edit All Instances on the blue pop-up menu bar. This will let you go to the Schedule screen and adjust the schedule/dates for the recurring transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • wwwoolf
    wwwoolf Member ✭✭
    The clock you are referring to is under the search bar ; with the drop down menu of show reminders 30 days etc. But when I clicked on 30 days to see what it would do, it added over $300,00 to the balance! I just did an undo. So what is with that? The clock icon I was referring to is the blue clock that appears in my register under the first column and identifies all the scheduled transactions That doesn't appear in my husbands account so I can't edit anything.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I thought you were trying to see how to edit scheduled transactions? The clock icon under the search bar is how to see them, so you can edit them.

Unposted scheduled transactions show a "blue clock icons") in the status column, as well as appearing in grey. These transaction will affect your running balance/sidebar amounts, but no activity will occur with them until you actively mark them as Paid or Deposited. If you want to see today's balance, look at the running balance column for the last transaction under the green line — the latest transaction up to and including today.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • wwwoolf
    wwwoolf Member ✭✭
    there is obviously some awful problem in this account. I closed everything out. reopened. then all of a sudden I was able to schedhule a transaction. And then!!!! it added scheduled transactions starting at the beginning of the account and added $363,000 worth of deposits that I am having to delete one at a time. This is a total mess. I need to call in and have someone screenshare. I was trying to tell you there was NO blue clock icon in the status column. Now that's all there is and it's added all of this stuff. I am overwhelmed. There is something corrupted in this file, just in time for taxes. I don't know how I'm going to get my reports now
  • wwwoolf
    wwwoolf Member ✭✭
    OK I deleted one by one and used the delete this series option, it didn't seem to work with all of them. Had to delete some more than once. I think I got rid of all the scheduled transactions. I may have started the schedule calendar in 2014 when the Schedule window showed up. But everytime I try to schedule anything on this particular register, there is a major error. The other registers work fine.
This discussion has been closed.