Vanguard will no longer connect

galaxed
galaxed Member
Quicken updated today and now won't connect to my Vanguard accounts. I can sign in on the web to Vanguard, so it's not them. I tried resetting the account connection for one of the accounts and while it terminated the link, it still won't connect to Vanguard. What can I do?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    galaxed said:
    Quicken updated today and now won't connect to my Vanguard accounts. I can sign in on the web to Vanguard, so it's not them. I tried resetting the account connection for one of the accounts and while it terminated the link, it still won't connect to Vanguard. What can I do?
    Hello @galaxed,

I am distraught to hear that you are having these troubles with account connections. I thank you for bringing the attention of the Quicken Community to bear on this issue. 

Before we can work toward a resolution, we will need some additional information. When you say that Vanguard won't connect, do you mean that there is an error code displaying whenever this is attempted? Also, which instance of Vanguard are you trying to link your accounts through?

I am eager to hear more about this matter, if you have the chance to follow up with us here at the Quicken Community. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • galaxed
    galaxed Member
    No error code. It just says it can't connect to Vanguard, and asks if I want to try again.
  • Lane Johnson
    Lane Johnson Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. This has been a problem for me for over a month now.
  • mrpatt47
    mrpatt47 Member ✭✭
    I'm also having the same problem downloading transactions from Vanguard and Fidelity. I have the latest updated release R 37.66 so that patch did not solve the problem.
  • Quicken Jared
    galaxed said:
    No error code. It just says it can't connect to Vanguard, and asks if I want to try again.
    @galaxed

I am sorry to hear that this issue is persisting. Thank you, nonetheless, for keeping in touch with me about the situation. 

So, we aren't seeing an error code, but are you getting a message saying your credentials are somehow invalid when you are being asked to try again? 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • galaxed
    galaxed Member
    No. Nothing about invalid credentials.
  • galaxed
    galaxed Member
    In fact, I signed in to my vanguard account outside of Quicken to test that.
  • I too have downloaded latest patch, deactivated and reactivated account; Quicken downloads Vanguard transactions but they are incorrect; specifically, my cash balance is off; transactions are assigned to wrong categories; duplicate entries, etc. Had to delete and manually re enter everything from year-end. Tried downloading from Vanguard site but just received same issues as automated download.
  • Quicken Jared
    galaxed said:
    No. Nothing about invalid credentials.
    @galaxed,

Thank you for continuing to work with me on this issue. Have you tried signing out of Quicken by going to Quicken > Sign Out and then signing back in?

I hope to keep working with you on this matter, if you have the opportunity to check back in.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Cdem
    Cdem Member
    I am having the same problem. Quicken will not connect to Vanguard
  • Quicken Jared
    Cdem said:
    I am having the same problem. Quicken will not connect to Vanguard
    Hello @Cdem,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, as well. Thank you for following this discussion for further assistance. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier in the thread? 

I look forward to your response, and whether or not the issue could be resolved through the procedures mentioned earlier. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • Mikey2021
    Mikey2021 Member ✭✭
    Vanguard downloads not working for me either. Says "Download Error (2003)".
  • Quicken Jared
    Mikey2021 said:
    Vanguard downloads not working for me either. Says "Download Error (2003)".
    Hello @Mikey2021,

It is saddening to hear that this problem is affecting you, as well. I appreciate that you are reaching out to the Quicken Community about this. As with @Cdem, I want to be sure that you have attempted the suggestions that have been provided thus far, so that we can work toward a solution. Did you notice this problem around the 7th of January, as well?

I appreciate any further responses from you, if you should have the chance to follow up with us about this matter. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • cpbaker55
    cpbaker55 Member
    I also have had this problem since early January, error code 300. I use Quicken Connect to access Vanguard. This problem seemed to start after the January Mac update.
  • Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    I've been having the same problem for about a week. I completed removed all of my Vanguard connection settings, and upon re-establishing the first account and attempting to login via Quicken Connect I'm continuing to receive the same error:

system description:
    institution login: can't setup (aggregator error)
    "channel" : "FDP_DEFAULT",
    "cpAggStatusCode" : "FDP-105",
    "userInstructions" : "",
    "aggStatus" : "FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE",
    "isProcessing" : false,
    "cpAggStatusDetail" : "URL. Service is temporarily unavailable"

I can log into Vanguard just fine, like everyone else on this thread.
  • Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Looks like it *may* be working again? Others find the same? Probably too soon to say for certainty.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited January 2022
    Kevin45 said:
    Looks like it *may* be working again? Others find the same? Probably too soon to say for certainty.
    @Kevin45,

I am happy to hear back from you, and that the issue seems to be resolved, at least for the moment. Do feel free to check back in with the Quicken Community if you notice any additional problems.

I am happy to work with you more in this thread, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • bojote
    bojote Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue - vanguard error during quicken app start. Mine is not resolved, nor do I believe others on this thread (other than Kevin45) have expressed their issue was resolved. Please advise on quicken technical response as to the reason for the issue and what is the solution.
  • I'm having the same issue. In my case, it is Mac-specific. Vanguard direct connect and transaction download is working fine on my Windows PC, but on the Mac (I am in the middle of migrating from Windows to Mac), I get a connection error when attempting to connect. If I attempt to setup the account from scratch, Quicken complains that this financial institution only supports simple tracking. I need full tracking with transaction download.
  • Mike Cunningham
    Mike Cunningham Member ✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing the same issue as well. I use quicken for MAC.
  • Mike Cunningham
    Mike Cunningham Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hi All - saw on another similar thread that using Direct Connect as the choice instead of Quicken Connect, solves the issue. I made that choice for all of my Vanguard accounts and the downloads are working. I use quicken Premier for MAC. Here is link to other threadhttps://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905024/vanguard-no-longer-provides-detailed-tracking
  • Quicken Jared
    Hi All - saw on another similar thread that using Direct Connect as the choice instead of Quicken Connect, solves the issue. I made that choice for all of my Vanguard accounts and the downloads are working. I use quicken Premier for MAC. Here is link to other threadhttps://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905024/vanguard-no-longer-provides-detailed-tracking
    Hello @Mike Cunningham,

Thank you so much for checking back in with us and keeping us privy to any updates. I am especially glad that you were able to find a resolution, and I am grateful to you for sharing it with the rest of the Quicken Community.

Feel free to visit us again, anytime, with any other questions or concerns.

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
  • cpbaker55
    cpbaker55 Member
    As of 1/26, I continue to have this problem. I am using Quicken Connect. This is a Quicken problem.
  • I still have this problem like cpbaker55. I have tried all the suggested solutions, including resetting connection, ensuring that I am using DirectConnect rather than QuickenConnect, recreating the accounts from scratch, etc. Nothing works. Essentially, full transaction download for Vanguard works fine on my Windows PC. But on the latest version of Mac Quicken (with accounts migrated from Windows), it does not work. Depending on which workaround I attempt, the Mac Quicken version will complain either that it cannot connect (if I convert straight from Windows), or that there is a "CP_NO_ACCOUNT_ERROR" (if I attempt to "fix it" and reset the connection to DirectConnect), or that Vanguard only supports simple tracking (if I attempt to re-create the accounts from scratch).
  • JoPence
    JoPence Member ✭✭
    I also use Quicken on my MAC and cannot connect to Vanguard. Mine says AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE:FDP-105). Is Quicken doing anything to help with this issue??
  • JoPence
    JoPence Member ✭✭
    I just found the solution above saying to go to Settings, Reconnect & then choose the option of Direct Connect. That worked for me. Thank you to the person who posted this https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905024/vanguard-no-longer-provides-detailed-tracking
This discussion has been closed.