Sum of filtered transactions

Maddhatter
Maddhatter Member
How to I sum the filtered transactions? All I'm seeing are Online, Current and Ending Balances. Also, using Custom/Dates I get one transaction that is not in the custom date range. If I could attach a screen shot...I would. Thanks for the help.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    IIRC, this was recently answered in another discussion (If I could find it, I'd post the URL). Turns out that, if the register view isn't wide enough, the sum of filtered transactions will not show.
    Make the register view a little wider, if possible.
    You can also use the "F11"-key to toggle the register view into "full screen mode" (closes the account bar and removes some menu bars from the view, to make the view wider). Press F11 again to reset to normal view.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddhatter,

To add a screenshot > "drag & drop" the file into your comment field/box and then hit "post comment"

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Thanks for the help Frankx. Screenshot attached. I used Custom filter for Deposits Jan 4-5, 2022. Would be nice to (1) show the sum of the first 3 transactions on the screen so no calculator is needed or creating/using a report and (2) get rid of the bottom transaction of 5/6/2022 which should not be there. I'm sure there is a way to do 1 and 2. Thanks for the help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    IIRC, this was recently answered in another discussion (If I could find it, I'd post the URL). Turns out that, if the register view isn't wide enough, the sum of filtered transactions will not show.
    Make the register view a little wider, if possible.
    You can also use the "F11"-key to toggle the register view into "full screen mode" (closes the account bar and removes some menu bars from the view, to make the view wider). Press F11 again to reset to normal view.
  • Thank you UKR. "F11" did work to show me the sum of the 4 transactions in my screen shot. However, why is the 4th deposit showing (and added to the sum) if it is outside the custom date? The bottom/4th item is a deposit set up automatically. The same auto deposit is not showing for Feb, March, April 2022 etc.
  • UKR, I have my View set to "Large Fonts". The only way to see the transaction sum is to use F11. When I change to regular font, the sum of transactions shows up...but too small for my old eyes. :) Thanks again.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't ask why the programmers did it this way ... :wink:
    The 4th item is showing because it falls within the range of the setting to "Show reminders in register for next [xx] days/months" as if they were real register transactions already.
    To eliminate the future dated line, temporarily change this setting to not show reminders. (Register  Actions gear icon / Reminders to show ...)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Thank you UKR. "F11" did work to show me the sum of the 4 transactions in my screen shot. However, why is the 4th deposit showing (and added to the sum) if it is outside the custom date? The bottom/4th item is a deposit set up automatically. The same auto deposit is not showing for Feb, March, April 2022 etc.
    In my opinion, it is because they are trying to satisfy way too many people at the same time.

The fourth transaction is a reminder, which isn't subject to the filtering.

One, can consider this a bug.  Note that if you selected two or more transactions you will get their total.

This whole filtering/totaling is very convoluted, and complicated, and as such I'm not surprised that it has bugs here and there.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Thanks Chris_QPW. I have solved it for now. As you said, the 4th entry is an income reminder and the "auto enter" was set to 90 days. This 4th transaction disappeared when I changed the "auto enter" to 60 days. Strange. Thanks for the help everyone!!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Chris_QPW. I have solved it for now. As you said, the 4th entry is an income reminder and the "auto enter" was set to 90 days. This 4th transaction disappeared when I changed the "auto enter" to 60 days. Strange. Thanks for the help everyone!!
    You can just set it to "Don't show reminders".  Setting it to 60 days worked for you because the reminder is between 61 and 90 days into the future.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.