Bank Connection Roadmap

checkyourmirrors
checkyourmirrors Member ✭✭
I've been hoping that Digit.co and Vanguardnqp.com would be added at some point and rather than trying to create an online connection, is there a roadmap or something that lists current and hopefully planned connections?

Answers

• I should have added EquatePlus into the ask as well
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For any of those entities to offer download into Q ... the entity itself would need to sign the contract with Q to provide such (i.e., to become a "Participating Financial Institution").
    Q can't do this on its own.  The entity MUST sign the contract.
    Go bug them.
    And there is no "roadmap" because of this signature requirement.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Just because an agreement is required, don't mean that Quicken wouldn't have a roadmap or a desire to increase the number of connections they want to maintain in the system. I suspect your response of "Go bug them" means others have asked this question, however it doesn't mean it is completely a one-sided goal. If us users knew target companies, we could commonly help to lobby them in support of Quicken.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because an agreement is required, don't mean that Quicken wouldn't have a roadmap or a desire to increase the number of connections they want to maintain in the system.
    HOW can Q POSSIBLY have a "roadmap" as to when an FI is going to sign the contract?  Makes no sense whatsoever.
    YOU'RE the one who is the customer of the FIs ... tell THEM that this is a needed feature.
    BUT, I'll almost guarantee that they won't sign because of the licensing fees that the FIs pay to Q/Intuit.  Unless there's a demand from the FI's customer base, there's a cost with no payback.
    And your "target companies" are where YOU have accounts ... as YOU"LL be the one to benefit from this.

• This has become a philosophical debate it's like saying customer should lobby airlines to determine which airports they fly to. There is a market analysis, competitive analysis, etc that should be driving Quicken to seek out institutions and start a conversation. I don't disagree it is on the institution to want to do this as well. I mean if Quicken didn't have BofA, Chase or Well Fargo your point of view is Quicken wouldn't have a target list to TRY and get them onboard and purely leave it up to Quicken users. They'd leave it to the institution's and their customer base to come to them. This is a two way effort and it is in Quicken's interest to continue to have more institution join in the Connectivity list. If Quicken wants to be more marketable, having more institutions in advance of customer wanting them is pretty important.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    And, you're making a totally unsupported and invalid assumption that Q/Intuit has NOT tried to enlist these banks.

• You're right I am but an inability to produce a list or tell us anything about their targets, process, kinda only leaves me with that impression. I appreciate the feedback and I do we Quicken would response with something more formal like maybe a submission request similar to features, or votes, or status or something other than my checking routinely to see what's now available.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q NEVER announces changes until JUST BEFORE they're released.  So, don't hold you breath.
    And, Q has no way of knowing if/when the FIs will sign the contract.  You're asking them to be mind readers.

This discussion has been closed.