How to restore a backup from the "Quicken Online Backup Service"

Options
HHill
HHill Member
I've been using Quicken for many years and signed up for the Quicken Online Backup several years ago. I've been backing up to it ever since. My hard drive died recently and I've had to reinstall Quicken on a new computer. How do I access the online backup so I can restore my data?
Tagged:

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    huh  - sorry - guess that article is not really there....
    but title does indicate that it may have ended in 2017,
    So how were you still using it ?
    Unless, you mean the deal for DROPBOX from Quicken ?

Quicken Online Backup has been removed as an option from the backup wizard in Quicken for Windows 2017 R11.  removal is in preparation for the end of the old Quicken Online Backup service in Quicken:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-online-backup-service-ending-12312017

If you are a Quicken Online Backup customer, you can continue to use it until 12/31/17;
    you will need to backup your Quicken file directly through the Online Backup Utility that's installed on your system, rather than backing up directly through Quicken...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• HHill
    HHill Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Existing customers were grandfathered in when they stopped accepting customers.
  • HHill
    HHill Member
    Options
    Hmm. Your links don't show that information. Can you direct me to more details? Thanks
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based on what is at the link you provided:

Renewals were not accepted after 3/1/2017 which is almost 4 years ago and I kind of doubt that you could have made a renewal for multiple years at that time.
    Not sure what you have been backing up to, but I sincerely doubt it was Quicken Online Backup.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would love to see a website, screen capture, or anything that shows this "service" is still functioning....
    And, if the "option" was removed from the Quicken 2017 File --> Backup menu -
    was there a standalone "program" that was similar to a remote file copy ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HHill said: ... signed up for the Quicken Online Backup several years ago. I've been backing up to it ever since.
    How exactly are you "backing up to it" -
    what Quicken menu selections, or standalone programs are used, and what confirmation messages or any other info messages do you receive to indicate that this is still actually working ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• HHill
    HHill Member
    Options
    No idea on what the screen looked like or what exactly I was backing up to. I lost the program and the data and can't recreate the old data. My bad for not understanding that the serviced ended in 2017 and not making sure I had good backups. Thanks for your help.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HHill said: No idea on what the screen looked like or what exactly I was backing up to.
    From your orig comments, it appeared you have been using Quicken 2017 up until your drive died - and also performing backups, again up until your drive died - .... or did you stop using Quicken at some point, and also stopped performing these backups - ...  So you have no other external off-disk backups.... ie - external USB flash drive, etc -
    I've been using Quicken for many years and signed up for the Quicken Online Backup several years ago.
    I've been backing up to it ever since.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.