How to print a report of transactions

Blue44
Blue44 Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I upgraded Quicken and can't do some things that used to be so easy.

Example. I'm doing my tax return and want all the premiums paid to one company. I set up the report for that payee only. I want the detail of *ALL* of the individual payments. The report though combines all the payments and gives me one total. How then to get the detail??

It seems the more features Quicken adds the more difficult simple steps become.

Best Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It has always been easy to generate a report of transactions paid to a single payee. Go to the Reports & Graphs Center and under Easy Answer choose "How much did I pay to...". Enter the payee, bring up the report, and set the date range to Last Year if it isn't already.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To get out of Search mode and see the whole register, click on Reset to the right of where you made the search selections. 

If the order of the transactions in the register is wrong, click on the Date header to sort it by date. Click again to reverse the sort order.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It has always been easy to generate a report of transactions paid to a single payee. Go to the Reports & Graphs Center and under Easy Answer choose "How much did I pay to...". Enter the payee, bring up the report, and set the date range to Last Year if it isn't already.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Blue44
    Blue44 Member ✭✭
    Thanks....I also see where the old way works too....open Reports/Banking/Transactions. My mistake was trying to do it through reports without the Banking step.

Now I'm struggling to get my check register back in order after searching for an item that I found. Arrgh...
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To get out of Search mode and see the whole register, click on Reset to the right of where you made the search selections. 

If the order of the transactions in the register is wrong, click on the Date header to sort it by date. Click again to reverse the sort order.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Blue44
    Blue44 Member ✭✭
    Thanks again, Jim Harmon.
  • Blue44
    Blue44 Member ✭✭
    Hold on---, I tried both--using the reset button (don't know why it's even there--it never resets when I click on it) and then tried the date column and that didn't reset it either. What does work—and I don't know why—is just giving it a couple of hours and then all of a sudden hitting the date arrow restores the register in order. Drives me batty.
This discussion has been closed.