Why my memo/notes disappear after updating my accounts or syncing to mobile

Jordi
Jordi Member
The memo/notes I entered last year still shows in register, however this week I added some notes to some recent transactions, but they disappear after I update my accounts, or even after I sync to my mobile. How can I make my most recent notes/memos stay?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Jordi said:
    The memo/notes I entered last year still shows in register, however this week I added some notes to some recent transactions, but they disappear after I update my accounts, or even after I sync to my mobile. How can I make my most recent notes/memos stay?
    Hello @Jordi

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with memos and notes disappearing. Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community for additional information and support.

Have you noticed any of these disappearances in transactions older than 90 days after updating your accounts? Also, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen while the Quicken application is open. Do this often whenever operating Quicken as it is frequently a source of relief in situations such as these. Provided that you have been saving them regularly, would it be possible to restore from a backup prior to when you first noticed this issue occurring? You can always locate your backups by going to File > Show Backups in Finder in the aforementioned menu. 

I hope to hear back from you with any updates you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken Jared In most of your posts, I've noticed often advise people to make a backup while using Quicken. Since Quicken by default makes a backup every time you quit, I think it might be more helpful advice to suggest people to go to Preferences and simply increase the number of backups Quicken retains, from 5 to 25 or more. The only time it's really necessary or desirable to manually create a backup is if you're about to make some significant change in data and want a fall-back version, or periodically — say, monthly — to create an archive of long-term backups. My 2¢…

In this case, if entries saved by @Jordi are reverting to prior states, then isn't the problem likely to be a Sync conflict, where data from Quicken Cloud is for some reason overwriting the more recent edits in the desktop file? I would think the solution here would be to make the edits again in Quicken, and then either(a) force a manual sync to Quicken Cloud, or to reset Quicken Cloud to insure the current desktop data is current in Quicken Cloud.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.